1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Smithington
    You're right - I was convinced it read differently :s. :beerchug:

2. sam6550a
    Yes, sometimes things are not clearly stated. Glad that I could help you.

3. wink
    What, after 3 more revisions.....? :ksc75smile:

4. OldRoadToad
    In my family we have a saying, "If you think you can not afford "the best", then do your self a favor and get the best you can afford."

I have no doubt that Schiit equipment is the equal of what the frAudio elite (effete?) consider ultra bitchin' high end. I have my druthers for looks but I can not electronically fault any thing made by Schiit.

I am listening to this right now. It arrived today.
    [​IMG]

A vocal goddess. My Emotiva XDA-2 is not out putting music so the music is coming from my PIoneer Elite (Effete? LOL!) SX-N30 'phone jack. Some thing went goofy with the XDA-2 while I was away at work...

RCBinTN and barondla like this.
  5. OldRoadToad
    After that, there is this -

[​IMG]

Ella is my absolute favorite female vocalist and second over all to Francis Albert Sinatra.

I have no clue what happened to my Emotiva XDA-2. Dammit...I will figure it out this week end. Gremlins?! I do not have a cat and Rocky, my son's Labratard likes Ella and Frank so he would never go near the equipment. Besides, he has not got opposable thumbs...:beyersmile:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    RCBinTN, yonson and barondla like this.
  6. barondla
    Doesn't require opposable thumbs to screw something up!

7. wink
    Next step, Bob Dylan....
    Unlike Ella, Bob cannot sing.
    Reminds me of Kris Kristofferson. Now, there's a pair.
    Both can write great songs, but can't sing for peanuts.

RCBinTN likes this.
  8. Derrick Swart
    pay peanuts get monkies! :)

9. astromo
    I've got no real clue what happened to, not 1, but 2 Not-Always-Dependable amps. The first, a thumping Class AB integrated and a second Class D integrated DAC/Amp. The 1st turns on and then throws up it's electronic hands and switches to standby. The 2nd is just a black box with knobs and buttons and not much by way of signs of life.

Both sounded fine to my ears.

Decided not to go 3rd time lucky and so I tried some Schiit (Modi Multi, Freya and Vidar). Plus I picked up another integrated AB amp that is a bit old, reviewed well and lives up to its rep.

On other matters, old blue eyes has got a couple of spots in my collection. Just the way it should be.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    OldRoadToad likes this.
  10. Goophoba
    Has anybody put this story into print?

11. jimmers
  12. Goophoba
    Thank you Jimmers!

13. OldRoadToad
    I just tried the Emotiva XDA-2 again. Nope. I will look at it more on the week end but perhaps the audio gods are trying to tell me some thing? Probably that I am an idiot but I will over look that and look "deeper" for divine guidance. 'n' Schiit...

I can not discern "signature sound" on any thing and only know good music when I hear it reproduced well, but I can say that I do like the looks of my XDA-2 with the blue lights. I know, such a superficial toad...

Still no black Valhalla 2s listed. It takes time and I have other things to pay for first, I know.

14. OldRoadToad
    In my yoot, I did not much care for Dylan's voice but now I do. Especially with the Traveling Pillsburys!

RCBinTN likes this.
  15. Letmebefrank
    Great songwriter, terrible singer, but his voice had a folksy charm that people of the day seemed to like.

RCBinTN and OldRoadToad like this.