Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 17, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #28,397 of 148,604
I don't think he ordered directly from Schiit Audio US
Correct! Ordered from Schiit Europe. Not as fast as US.
In this case they made some false promises about keeping stock, had to wait for new batch to arrive.
But what is a week extra for all the fun to come.

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #28,400 of 148,604
So, if you upgrade there will be a new serial number on it when it returns home?
I already have a serial number beginning with a C......

The 'C' was a one-off in honor of Costanza...

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #28,404 of 148,604
I think I'm going to hang onto Bimby for the time being. Perhaps I'll be ready for Yggy a year from now.

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #28,405 of 148,604
The 'C' was a one-off in honor of Costanza...
That's it indeed.
I have to think about the upgrade though and find a sponsor for it.
Uncle Toad is quiet.
Yggdrasil is so good as it is that I wonder if I would have thought about upgrading weren't it for Mike and Jason to make a big deal out of it.
So now I have the second best DAC in the world and upgrading to the best is a goal in itself.
Another course of action would be keeping the "old" one for Constanza and buy an "new" one for myself.
But as things happen in this household she would be the first to claim the new one as hers.
Well, it figures because she has much better ears than I have.
Maybe I'll get to hear it in this lifetime. Who knows.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #28,407 of 148,604
The "B" means USB type B.

All I can think is they are finally coming out with a fully powered over USB type "C" recepticle! No more wall warts!!!! No more power plugs!!! Just power off the same pc you use for music!

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #28,409 of 148,604
That's it indeed.
I have to think about the upgrade though and find a sponsor for it.
Uncle Toad is quiet.
Yggdrasil is so good as it is that I wonder if I would have thought about upgrading weren't it for Mike and Jason to make a big deal out of it.
So now I have the second best DAC in the world and upgrading to the best is a goal in itself.
Another course of action would be keeping the "old" one for Constanza and buy an "new" one for myself.
But as things happen in this household she would be the first to claim the new one as hers.
Well, it figures because she has much better ears than I have.
Maybe I'll get to hear it in this lifetime. Who knows.

The most expensive, fully balanced catheater...in the worrrrld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back