1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    So, if you upgrade there will be a new serial number on it when it returns home?
    I already have a serial number beginning with a C......

2. Steven3445
    For new products, different lettered serial. Upgrades, just a sticker with the upgrade I believe. Dependant on product.

3. Smithington
    The news article says the boards have a serial beginning with b, not the entire product. But you spotted that, right?!

4. sam6550a
    The news article clearly states "Yggys with Analog 2 boards are designated with a serial number prefix of "B", rather than "A".

5. wink
    B-stock, perhaps.........?:ksc75smile:

6. shultzee
    It means black. You just can't see it.

7. Oveja Negra
    Simple, your Schiit comes from the future!!!

8. SeaWo|f
    So if I altered my serial number to say like "W" and claim I am selling the ultimate yggy from the year 2035 I could make bank..

US Blues and OldRoadToad like this.
  9. Clemmaster
    You'll be allowed to hang out in the top floor of THE Show.

RCBinTN and OldRoadToad like this.
  10. deserat
    And I just thought everybody who had said the Gumby and Yggy are almost indistinguishable was insane ( I own both and they aren't close at all ). Turns out my Yggy that shipped in October came with Analog 2. Yay I don't have to spend $600!!!

OldRoadToad, US Blues, liamo and 3 others like this.
  11. wout31
    I ordered my Yggy as a new years present to myself on January 3rd. It will ship this week.
    Didn't know about the upgrades when I ordered, but I'm a happy man.
    Looking forward to hear the difference between Gumby 1.0 analogue and Yggy 2.0 analogue.
    And then there's the DSP upgrade. Such and upgrade can be a big difference.
    What will I do with my Gumby? Keep it? Sell it? Would be nice to see and hear what happens after an upgrade to 2.0 and DSP on that one.
    But then again, keeping up with the upgrade costs of 2 DAC's
    2018 has started of as a beautiful musical year.

OldRoadToad likes this.
  12. astromo
    Totally agree, lay down some Schiit for us Jason or Mike but given that there's improvement on the anlaogue side:
    January 16, 2018, Valencia, CA. Today, Schiit Audio announced the first Yggdrasil-specific upgrade since its introduction almost 4 years ago: Yggdrasil Analog 2. Shipping with new-production Yggdrasils since October 2017, Yggdrasil Analog 2 is a thorough redefinition of the original Yggdrasil analog output modules, featuring refined Class-A, all-discrete FET buffers and numerous internal improvements.
    Jason should have something to write about.

I'm looking forward to hearing from both co-founders. Especially given that it will be hard core, nerdy tech stuff. Gotta love that.

13. Derrick Swart
    You saved this year already 100$!

OldRoadToad likes this.
  14. Alcophone
    Hm, they said "will ship within 3-5 days" for a while now, and mine shipped the day I ordered. Surprised it took so long for you!

15. Derrick Swart
    I don't think he ordered directly from Schiit Audio US

Alcophone likes this.