1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Dana Reed
    Just buy a Magni and Modi and take the board out, put it in whatever case you want and solder on whatever connectors and indicator you want.

2. JohnnyCanuck
    Magnesium? Are you sure you don't mean titanium?

JC

3. Dana Reed
    I want a Cesium chassis and connectors made of Platinum. I will keep the whole thing in a box filled with Xenon so the Cesium doesn’t start on fire, and also thermostated to under 80 Fahrenheit so the chassis doesn’t melt

bosiemoncrieff and ScubaMan2017 like this.
  4. SeaWo|f
    Might be hard to keep the xenon in, maybe 'insulate' everything in the chassis with thermite? Think it will conduct the heat away spectacularly!

5. gljus
    I already see the [third world country here] buying those by truckloads and selling crap products. :smile_phones:

Edited for irony

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Karlthehusky721 likes this.
  6. dmckean44
    The chinese made Schiit knock-offs should be called Kraap.

7. Jones Bob
    You’re probably right, in the big picture.

Looks like I’ll have to try and scan my Yggy labels directly, then clean up the image and see if I can get it etched somewhere local.

8. Jones Bob
    La shi

9. OldRoadToad
    I desire mine to be made of the element known as Schiitonium®.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    ScubaMan2017 and RCBinTN like this.
  10. Mike Foley
    I like the look of Schiit equipment. It’s understated looking, and doesn’t dominate the room.
    Did I read on this thread that the gear that was previously painted is now available in brushed metal like Saga etc? If so, would Schiit consider selling new style wraparounds for the likes of Mani? They look easy enough to remove and replace.

OldRoadToad likes this.
  11. HumanFly
    I see one of my posts was removed for inappropriate conversation.
    Not sure what the inappropriate part was but I made fun of nobody but myself.
    Or actually Pietro was poking fun at me ( and my car or rather of me owning such a car) and it actually is funny that I drive around in car like that.
    Most of my older friends give me s%%t about it too. The newer friends usually don`t get why it`s so funny.

So let the record state I was not out to offend anyone(not this time).
    (Some explanation would be nice though, just so I know where the no-go areas are.)

Turdski and RCBinTN like this.
  12. OldRoadToad
    No one here has ever said any thing that remotely "offends" me, brother! Lately, about the only time I get offended is not when looking in on any forum, especially NOT here, but when I look in a mirror. Even then I have to laugh. Well, kinda.

I am fighting off the urge to get a Valhalla 2 in black. Black Amps Matter (with tubes), don'tcha know... Now I've gone and offended silver amps.

I am listening to Siriusly Sinatra on my Grace Digital Encore via the dinky headphone jack. It sounds good but it ain't exacatacaly bitchin'. Might be the Audio Technica phones cooking my fat head. By the time Casey Kasem's AT40 comes on I will have to switch to speakers or a different 'phone. I cannot find my V-Moda 'phones any where, dammit. They are so teensie-weensie but at least my head doesn't cook. BAM w/T!

RCBinTN, HumanFly and barondla like this.
  13. barondla
    Get that black Valhalla 2! The tubes are beautiful.

OldRoadToad likes this.
  14. ScottFree

OldRoadToad and barondla like this.
  15. OldRoadToad
    True dat! The contrasting of the black casing, silver knob and the tubes is gorgeous. I just ordered two 8" powered subwoofers for some friends and some speaker cables with banana plugs for myself. I broke off the tinned ends of my 16 gauge speaker wire and so I went looking for and found a pair of # 12 Monster speaker cables my older bought me about 25 years ago. They have spades on one end and banana plugs on the other and so now my JBL ES80s have sturdier wiring.

My brother says he's really enjoying his Schiit Vali 2 and thinks I should get the black Valhalla 2 despite the white light. We will see. I just do not want to get one and then discover Jason made a change to a RED LED. He could do that, you know. Then I would get depressed and jump off a roof but survive. :ksc75smile:

I keep going through Klipsch 12" powered subs. They get all rattly and sound horrid after a year or three of Schwarzenegger films and super hero and war movies like Hacksaw Ridge or Dunkirk. I may try one or two of the inexpensive 8" or 10" by JBL or Sony myself. My cheapo Martin Logan 10" (?) that I got for $100 new on sale at Fry's Electronics a few years ago is really good. I should have bought four of them back then, dammit. Of course that would be about the same as me getting a black Valhalla 2 now. I am listening to Hawaiian Rainbow radio via the interwebs right now.

Enough. Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, where ever you are...

liamo and GearMe like this.