Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 11, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #28,276 of 145,769
I think you would be surprised how many americans would support this. I was surprised when I found out that Schiit has Standard rather than metric screws.

The industrial look goes with the modern decor of the new house I built. I do however generally wait to get my Schiit until they have the black finished available.

I find Schiit's gear to be a balance between modern and retro. If someone walks in my room and looks at my piece of Schiit, they can't tell if it's new or old. That's a good thing because it'll age well and not look dated, IMO. My house is english country and it works just fine.

Jan 11, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #28,277 of 145,769
Actually not as easy as you might think. Many of our products use thread-rolling screws, so unless we want to order 1 million custom Taptite screws (and then keep them in stock), that's a no-go. For products that use machine screws, finding truly cosmetic Torx screws is not easy. Yes, seriously. Yes, we've tried it. Also, in reality, the Torx don't look so hot, because they're really tiny Torx heads on relatively huge screw faces (we use flathead and undercut flathead screws, so the Torx bit needs to be tiny.) And shallow. And that means the tools frequently mark up the Torx head.

And that's the long version of why we'll be moving to more hidden fasteners, rather than cosmetic fasteners.

And glue? No.
Check 'em out, sports fans. Schiit has already evaluated the Torx idea objectively, and decided nyet!
Gotta love that. I can imagine the discussion process going around their design table, along with some good coffee...

ps. That's not meant at you, @Ragnar-BY. Thanks for being part of this discussion!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #28,278 of 145,769
I find Schiit's gear to be a balance between modern and retro. If someone walks in my room and looks at my piece of Schiit, they can't tell if it's new or old. That's a good thing because it'll age well and not look dated, IMO. My house is english country and it works just fine.
English country! Send pics...

Jan 11, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #28,279 of 145,769
Is this what were into now? Screws and LEDs? Better than some of the alternatives I suppose. But I'm chomping at the bit for the next announcement Jason said is coming soon...any chance that's coming today Jason if we stop asking about Torx???!! :L3000:

Jan 11, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #28,280 of 145,769
English country! Send pics...
wUhVKCngpZWaHGcugengfgRmNqJh4ctt9g85xnSoZjcuvBQjJJ1UAR3L1j6ioFgCCdGVmpMtxGKndDKhcgmbzQZkKr6VfYzOtYQWQpCFBWcYGTXvIybUZNcJ6b7gfc3jyIL8UR_4fyATCvm4rs-TBuBwpBRzVAYjl_WrdDgmYdj-RS4HnO2NIK_gh3GnaGmsGdEQTa8hkP6AJz5Wax3uKo8T4qEYzu0CSCnkB1v4cSZDl1tyssChDwlrYM68irArm4KE2wfvy_n1UKavOhjiHD_qRua9SA1mbZ_bNH_a4AI1NhbEH33xwoLgAoLXOADbDPifanudIeX1AbI691UCO09BzOHtAbO9crwl-PQSEWsCk4Z48zSsd0KHrTQi6ZJ15UEIkj6ngrW-08Yvnw4_xvVW0tkGBsJgO-bt8rLDKWjOUhPSCgFF2Begq6URJvnW9D4ciszWkuY29-SW8fkNM20BaxKYtQ_zVbSwTFEn2ly_T3Ra9i41E66qRTdYLg-2qBexiCd_ZHglowU6C8Znxs1idRaH4vuq1hmzg22MNAwTUYz4a_hMZiuAj2WmUGJWQ_lgKoZYVF7lwoE3IJacvXB72V5_wwxRjqClmyo=w800-h568-no

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #28,283 of 145,769
Is this what were into now? Screws and LEDs? Better than some of the alternatives I suppose. But I'm chomping at the bit for the next announcement Jason said is coming soon...any chance that's coming today Jason if we stop asking about Torx???!! :L3000:
The thread is open for Jason to make his announcement!
We await the Master Analoguer!

Oh - forgot the :)

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #28,284 of 145,769
English country?
Beautiful house but looks like US country all the way.
Thanks!

You're right on the nose, but the previous owners intended it to be a mixture of both. However, since they were from Scotland they said it was English country, but it very Americana and even has American oak floors etc.

Jan 11, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #28,285 of 145,769
Damn...it's real Pietro.
Love the thought of oak floors.
And lounging around the pool with some libations :beerchug:
Maybe two rounds...they're kinda small. LOL.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #28,287 of 145,769
Dear Jason,

Is the electrostatic amp with the blue LEDs for the new Mr. Speakers cans ready yet? No screws in the top of the case please, and anodized in blue would be awesome. The Blue Schiit!

Thanks in advance.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #28,288 of 145,769
Like the opposite of Mass Drop.

I suppose one could call it Ass Drop®. At least I do not think that has been taken. Yet. :ksc75smile:

Nothing wrong with some thing looking good.

If you think about it, how hungry must the first person to ever eat a crab or a lobster have been? Considering neither of them looks any thing other than spidery/scorpiony, I would say that first person was very hungry. And then told every one else about it. So good taste can over come odd looks.
Yeah...Some people eat frog legs but no one eats toad legs. Ugh!

I have not heard further from my brother but I do know he is listening a lot more than he as in quite some time because he told me that was what he was going to be doing in his spare time. Listening to music via his Vali 2.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #28,290 of 145,769
Unlike his nemesis hereabouts. :laughing:
Hey, I've been promoted to nemesis......:ksc75smile:

I really like the way Schiit's products look. When you consider the the big boys, their products pretty much look the same. They're square with hard edges and have a bunch of buttons and big dial and usually black (in the USA). Schiit's products have their own look and that makes them unique.
Yeah, like power switches in the back.......:L3000:

+1. And I would add that they're strictly functional with nothing extraneous, like VU meters. (Ducking and running)

JC
Yeah, like power switches in the back.......:L3000:
My minions are not amused...
67607256_839df630c6.jpg

I shall release the toadlings upon thee... Or not. LOL! Your post cracked me up, brother!

..and their younger generation......:ksc75smile:
images

Users who are viewing this thread

Back