1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. RCBinTN
    Check 'em out, sports fans. Schiit has already evaluated the Torx idea objectively, and decided nyet!
    Gotta love that. I can imagine the discussion process going around their design table, along with some good coffee...

ps. That's not meant at you, @Ragnar-BY. Thanks for being part of this discussion!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    OldRoadToad and Ableza like this.
  2. RCBinTN
    English country! Send pics...

3. rlow
    Is this what were into now? Screws and LEDs? Better than some of the alternatives I suppose. But I'm chomping at the bit for the next announcement Jason said is coming soon...any chance that's coming today Jason if we stop asking about Torx???!! :L3000:

FrivolsListener likes this.
  4. DoubleIPA
    [​IMG]

RCBinTN likes this.
  5. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    English country?
    Beautiful house but looks like US country all the way.

RCBinTN likes this.
  6. RCBinTN
    Sweet!
    Can I visit if I bring my LCD-4?

7. RCBinTN
    The thread is open for Jason to make his announcement!
    We await the Master Analoguer!

Oh - forgot the :)

OldRoadToad likes this.
  8. DoubleIPA
    Thanks!

You're right on the nose, but the previous owners intended it to be a mixture of both. However, since they were from Scotland they said it was English country, but it very Americana and even has American oak floors etc.

RCBinTN likes this.
  9. RCBinTN
    Damn...it's real Pietro.
    Love the thought of oak floors.
    And lounging around the pool with some libations :beerchug:
    Maybe two rounds...they're kinda small. LOL.

10. sam6550a
    Why?

11. Pandahead
    Dear Jason,

Is the electrostatic amp with the blue LEDs for the new Mr. Speakers cans ready yet? No screws in the top of the case please, and anodized in blue would be awesome. The Blue Schiit!

Thanks in advance.

earnmyturns and OldRoadToad like this.
  12. OldRoadToad

I suppose one could call it Ass Drop®. At least I do not think that has been taken. Yet. :ksc75smile:

Nothing wrong with some thing looking good.

If you think about it, how hungry must the first person to ever eat a crab or a lobster have been? Considering neither of them looks any thing other than spidery/scorpiony, I would say that first person was very hungry. And then told every one else about it. So good taste can over come odd looks.
    Yeah...Some people eat frog legs but no one eats toad legs. Ugh!

I have not heard further from my brother but I do know he is listening a lot more than he as in quite some time because he told me that was what he was going to be doing in his spare time. Listening to music via his Vali 2.

13. OldRoadToad
    My minions are not amused...
    [​IMG]
    I shall release the toadlings upon thee... Or not. LOL! Your post cracked me up, brother!

14. wink
    Hey, I've been promoted to nemesis......:ksc75smile:

Yeah, like power switches in the back.......:L3000:

Yeah, like power switches in the back.......:L3000:
    ..and their younger generation......:ksc75smile:
    [​IMG]

RCBinTN, ScubaMan2017 and OldRoadToad like this.
  15. FLTWS
    Nothing wrong with liking the look of the things we purchase and use, be it audio or video equipment, furniture, cars, clothing, and on and on. Keeping in mind of course that it’s all about the eyes of the beholder. Schiit’s industrial, modernist/minimalist, and to me, at times, possibly art deco vibe is fine with me.

There are always things I’d change if I could. Power switches on the rear don’t really bother me the way I set my gear up on a vertical, open on all sides, 6 shelved stand and I can reach all the switches on all my gear without having to get up from my listening recliner (long arms, LOL). Because I like vertical shelving I like all other controls on a front vertical face plate and nothing on the tops or angled up. I read a suggestion on one of the Schiit threads about using rhinestone stickers of various sizes (I went with black) to cover the basically invisible dimple on the volume knobs of my 3 Schiit amps. Works perfectly, cost me 3 bucks, and now I know where the volume is at all times and it makes it easier for me to hit repeat settings when A/B’ing stuff. Problem solved! But I’d still wish for smaller steps on my Ragnarok for finer tuning of the volume level. Other than that, I’m good with my Schiit.

For those who would like a splash of color, (and I’m not one of them), I wonder what an auto body paint shop could do with those aluminum housings?