Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 7, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #28,146 of 149,047
I used a hole punch with a piece of blue painter's tape for my Loki-mini and am very happy with the looks. Kinda think that a red Sharpie on white masking tape might give the desired effect for those who don't like/want blue.

Jan 7, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #28,148 of 149,047
Needs a red light. VU Meters would be icing on the cake but reality is, there is nothing wrong with plain cake. And I know it is not going to happen so I will keep my Emotiva XDA-2. I listened to music through it for a couple of hours yesterday. It works. I bumped the rate to 192 and heard no difference, just music. I listened to music through \it in the dark and thought, "Cool..." My brother should enjoy his Vali 2 and that will make me happier than me buying one for my self.

I suppose that I could put some stupid translucent red tape across the white light. UGH. That would be a disservice to not only Schiit but me. May be Schiit will make a special edition "K-Mart Blue-Light Special" and a special blacked-out "Red Light District Edition". Or not. Regard less, Schiit got my business for my brother's sake and because they are a good Amurican company that makes excellent stuff. When he gets around to telling me about it I will post his thoughts here.

OldRoadToad,

At least your XDA-2 has a pretty awesome remote control!
XDA-2 Remote vs Schitt.jpg

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #28,152 of 149,047
I have the Emotiva XMC-1 and the remote is similar to that but with a LOT more buttons and it weighs like a pound... Only thing I'd change about it is to have illuminated buttons...
Glad to see some Emotiva fans here. I loved the XDA-1 remote which is identical to the XDA-2. Just the best feeling to hold , despite it being huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back