Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 17, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #26,671 of 149,244
You'll love the NVME ... I'm running a Samsung 950 Pro and getting over 2.5GBps read ... when Steam provisions for an install it hits 1.5GBps on the write ... about 10x faster than my old SATA SSD.

I'm getting a 960 Evo. Samsung are so dominant at the moment it is insane!

Nov 17, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #26,672 of 149,244
Good to see we are not alone in the Universe, eh? :ksc75smile: Connery is (to me) the best but I have come to appreciate Daniel Craig's interpretation of 007 and hope that he continues in the role for at least a few more films. To be honest, I have enjoyed every Bond film I have seen. I hope they do not muck it up by turning it all PC.

What has this to do with Schiit? Well Schiit, like Bond films, adds to my life. Of course I need to get some thing from Schiit to actually be allowed to say that with any authority. I am all ways looking for some thing by them that will catch my eye. Even if it is only out of the corner... Having met (albeit briefly) both Mike and Jason (and their loverly wives), I can say they are genuine. Deceit does not go with men of such character. The same is true of Jude. He too is a good man with a loving family.

0412161833~3.jpg

Well it's almost noon in Florida!

"Vesper", that would be a good name for one of Mike's new gadgets.

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #26,675 of 149,244
Ugh ... my choice would be to nuke those particular servers. They're over a decade old Northwood Xeon based units ... archaic and ridiculously finicky nightmares to work on.

Edit: My first "laptop" used single sided 720K disks ... just enough capacity to hold Prince of Persia ... and the 1Mhz 8088 had just enough umph to run it!
Please tell us where you work, so we'll try to avoid dealing with that company :wink:

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #26,676 of 149,244
Good to see we are not alone in the Universe, eh? :ksc75smile: Connery is (to me) the best but I have come to appreciate Daniel Craig's interpretation of 007 and hope that he continues in the role for at least a few more films. To be honest, I have enjoyed every Bond film I have seen. I hope they do not muck it up by turning it all PC.
I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said here. Cheers!

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #26,678 of 149,244
What happened to this thread? lol
We're just hanging around waiting for the next product to launch.
Or the next chapter from Jason to post.
Chewing the fat, drinking martinis and moonshine.
Pull up a chair!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #26,684 of 149,244
Jesus Christ, you guys.

*unsubscribes from thread*

Don’t you like that this has turned into some weird chat room for a few guys versus a place to get the straight dope from Jason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back