Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 18, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #22,156 of 145,619
Since the Eitr is the same size as a sys and only has a power led on the front it can sit behind components. It looks as good as every other Shiit product :)

It looks like the wyrd to me. And that is the least attractive piece of Schiit I own. The powdercoatinglook is very different from the other polished alu cases.
It looks good enough...but its not a sexy box )

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #22,157 of 145,619
The Eitr looks to have brushed aluminum, much like the Vali 2, Modi 2 Uber, or Magni 2 Uber. It will look much better than the Wyrd style painted case.

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #22,158 of 145,619
I think that they just wanted to show that you need two real balanced outputs if you want to run the Vidars in mono. Which sucks for me, as I am in the market for some powerful monoblocks, but I only have single ended outputs from my two preamps. A single Vidar is not powerful enough for my speakers sadly.

What speakers are you running?

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #22,162 of 145,619
What speakers are you running?
TDL Reference Standard speakers. The stereo power amp I had before died on me, and I'm temporarily running them out of my Denon surround receiver which is rated at 100W per channel, and it's just cutting it. These speakers are quite power hungry.

Jul 18, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #22,166 of 145,619
TDL Reference Standard speakers. The stereo power amp I had before died on me, and I'm temporarily running them out of my Denon surround receiver which is rated at 100W per channel, and it's just cutting it. These speakers are quite power hungry.

100W from a Denon receiver is not equivalent to 100W from a real stereo amp. The Vidar will put out much more current to the speakers. I'd bet one Vidar would be sufficient.

Does your speaker have bi-wire capability? In this case you could bi-amp.

What was your old amp? Did it die from old age or was it overtaxed by the speakers?

86dB efficient, 8 ohm speakers. I'd probably give one Vidar a shot at that. Unless you listen at completely ear bleeding levels.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #22,168 of 145,619
IMG_0278.JPG

Jul 18, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #22,170 of 145,619
100W from a Denon receiver is not equivalent to 100W from a real stereo amp. The Vidar will put out much more current to the speakers. I'd bet one Vidar would be sufficient.

Does your speaker have bi-wire capability? In this case you could bi-amp.

What was your old amp? Did it die from old age or was it overtaxed by the speakers?

86dB efficient, 8 ohm speakers. I'd probably give one Vidar a shot at that. Unless you listen at completely ear bleeding levels.

Yeah, my speakers can be bi-wired. My old amp was a Nikko 230 that died from old age, but that wasn't great to begin with. Before I got these speakers, they were powered with Mark Levinson 436 monoblocks, but I haven't gotten around to getting some proper amplification for them as I mainly listen to headphones. I'll give one Vidar a shot then. At 700 bucks I might as well, given it's pretty hard to beat that price. Just have to wait until it becomes available in EU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back