Schiit gone wrong.
May 18, 2014 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

the012701

New Head-Fier
So, I've been using my magni/modi stack for nearly a week now and I'm starting to notice the music sometimes "clipping" out. By that I mean the music sometimes dissappears for a moment and comes back with a distortion. This didn't happen at first but it's been getting worse, help please.

May 18, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 3
Have you checked your connections? Also, are you using optical or USB? You might try a different cable.

I don't know for sure that these things will solve your problems. But connections and bad cables are the easiest to troubleshoot first.

Also, do you have another computer you can test your setup on? Perhaps a friends? If you rule out the cables being a problem AND it happens on another computer, you can guess that the problem is the Modi/Magni. If it doesn't happen on your friends computer and you have ruled out cables, then you can know that the problem is something related to your computer.

This is always the first step in troubleshooting--figure out how to rule things out.

May 18, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 3
Have you checked your connections? Also, are you using optical or USB? You might try a different cable.

I don't know for sure that these things will solve your problems. But connections and bad cables are the easiest to troubleshoot first.

Also, do you have another computer you can test your setup on? Perhaps a friends? If you rule out the cables being a problem AND it happens on another computer, you can guess that the problem is the Modi/Magni. If it doesn't happen on your friends computer and you have ruled out cables, then you can know that the problem is something related to your computer.

This is always the first step in troubleshooting--figure out how to rule things out.

Thanks, I'll try this when I can once I get my hands on some new cables and my freind's comp and I'll post results here (will take a while)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back