Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2016 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,697

XERO1

Headphoneus Supremus

http://schiit.com/products/fulla-2

Schiit's Fulla 2 is made to fill a niche for those that want a small desktop DAC-amp that does it all and does it well, but is also extremely affordable.  For $99, I don't think there is another DAC-amp on the market that offers what the Fulla 2 does for anywhere near its price.
cool.gif

I am personally really excited to see the Fulla 2 become available because I was fortunate to have had a small part in it's genesis!  As mentioned by Jason in his announcement post for it, I'm the guy who put the idea in his head that what the Head-Fi world could still really use was a great sounding, simple to use, all-in-one desktop DAC-amp that cost around $100 bucks, and that Jason was just the man to make it happen.  And 18 months later, here it is!  The Fulla 2 is exactly what I hoped it would be, and I couldn't be happier to see it become a reality!
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up/14505#post_13066459

A big thanks to Jason, Mike and the rest of the Schiit Team for continuing to help make this awesome hobby a place that welcomes everyone, no matter how small your budget my be!

List of phones that can directly power the Fulla 2:

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Motorola Moto Z Play
OnePlus One
LG Nexus 5X

Please PM me if your phone can directly power the Fulla 2, and I'll add it to the list.

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #2 of 1,697
Just order one, it looks perfect to take when I travel as an all-in-one solution and at home I'll just use it as a DAC (replacing my Aune T1)

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #3 of 1,697
I'll be ordering mine next week!
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #6 of 1,697
I hope someone can look inside it: can we add a battery?

Maybe you can run it from a standard USB power bank like used for charging your phone. They can provide the 500mA it needs.

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 1,697
Ordered mine on Tuesday, should be arriving here on Saturday. I will give some initial impressions then, comparing it to my Modi MB and Jotunheim. On Monday I will take it to work and that's where it will stay, on my desk.

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #9 of 1,697
Dec 9, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #13 of 1,697
I would love to see an Asia Pacific distributor for Schiit products as importing directly from USA costs so much, that it's already priced the same as its more expensive competitors that have regional distributors.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #14 of 1,697
@novicez1

I think it't cheaper to order from US directly as the local distributors overcharge in a laughable way.

They charge 339 SGD here in Singapore for the Modi2 and Magni2 - they cost 99 USD straight from Schiit, which converts to 140 SGD.
Add 20 to 30 SGD for shipping via Borderlinx.

So all in all if you order both products straight from US it will cost you 300 SGD including shipping. You don't even get one of the products
for that price off the shelf here from a dealer in Singapore.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #15 of 1,697
Can't wait for comparisons with Magni 2/Modi 2!
Does anyone have the original Dacport here? I'm thinking to change it to Fulla 2, so I would love to hear comparisons between Dacport and Fulla 2 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back