Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 17, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #242 of 1,697

They have a place in England, where are you?

Germany. According to that page though, not only is the Fulla 2 out of stock, it also costs 110 British Pounds. Now, I'm not an expert in economy and don't know if Brexit really ruined everything, but I do believe 110 BP is still roughly 130 Euros. It'd be way more lucrative to just ship from America at that price point.

Dec 17, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #243 of 1,697
  Germany. According to that page though, not only is the Fulla 2 out of stock, it also costs 110 British Pounds. Now, I'm not an expert in economy and don't know if Brexit really ruined everything, but I do believe 110 BP is still roughly 130 Euros. It'd be way more lucrative to just ship from America at that price point.

Depends on the import duty you'd pay if ordering from the US. You're looking at $99 + $44 post, plus tax.

As you say though, it's out of stock in Europe, so if you're in a hurry, US it is.

Dec 17, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #244 of 1,697

There is also a dealer that covers mainland Europe, who while equally out of stock right now, may be a better bet:

http://www.schiit-europe.com/index.php/producten/schiit-fulla-2-dac-headphone-amp.html

They also gouge a bit less on price.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #245 of 1,697

There is also a dealer that covers mainland Europe, who while equally out of stock right now, may be a better bet:

http://www.schiit-europe.com/index.php/producten/schiit-fulla-2-dac-headphone-amp.html

They also gouge a bit less on price.

Perfect for Germany. But what the heck - UK isn't listed in delivery option!

I'm not happy about that.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #246 of 1,697

Perfect for Germany. But what the heck - UK isn't listed in delivery option!

I'm not happy about that.

No, they are the mainland Europe dealer. In the UK, we're stuck with flaky, expensive Electromod. There's an agreement to divide up the territory. It sucks a bit, sorry. If you actually want a Fulla 2, you're probably best off getting it direct from Schiit US.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #248 of 1,697
Dec 17, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #249 of 1,697
  I disagree. That sucks a lot.

I'm looking at the Vali2, Jot and Multibit. I don't want to get treated unfairly though, so maybe I'll just go Audio-GD instead.

Yeah, I don't like it much, either. I am considering a Gumby- if I do pull the trigger on one, I will probably get it from the European dealer, for delivery to my sister in law (assuming she's willing to put up with my silliness), and get her to ship it on to the UK. Extra courier and currency exchange fees will be as nothing compared to the crazy gouging from the UK dealer.

(By the way, the Vali 2 and Jot are both excellent amps, it'd be a shame to miss out..)

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #251 of 1,697

It's Schiit that make the rules, I blame them. Sounds like they're Schiit.

I don't think so. They don't set the prices of their UK dealer, or ban them from accurately fulfilling orders, making decent web sites, or reliably answering emails. Actually, Schiit's own customer service is badass, when you deal directly with them, too- they're good people. It's a shame they're being so poorly represented here.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #252 of 1,697

I don't think so. They don't set the prices of their UK dealer, or ban them from accurately fulfilling orders, making decent web sites, or reliably answering emails. Actually, Schiit's own customer service is badass, when you deal directly with them, too- they're good people. It's a shame they're being so poorly represented here.

So who tells Schiit-Europe that they can't post to the UK? I imagine that would be Schiit.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #253 of 1,697
  So who tells Schiit-Europe that they can't post to the UK? I imagine that would be Schiit.

It was probably an agreement negotiated between them and the dealers, I suppose. Frankly, only the UK dealer has anything to lose out of the arrangement being relaxed, though- it's probably no longer in Schiit's interests, and certainly isn't in the interests of the European dealer. You, I and various other UKnians would be all over the Euro dealer, but I don't see many mainland Europeans being interested in the UK dealer :)

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #255 of 1,697

Users who are viewing this thread

Back