Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread
Nov 10, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #992 of 3,219
IMG_1511.jpg

Someone here previously had mentioned the tube savers from Eurotubes. Thanks for that. I can attest they are of high quality and fit the Freya :beerchug:

Nov 12, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #994 of 3,219
It appears the Lisst tubes for the Freya May be out by the end of the year .

I’m interested .

Freya LISST tubes...?...THAT would be great!...Out of genuine curiosity, what information source suggests that the LISST tubes may be available...?...

I am very interested as well...

Nov 12, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #996 of 3,219
Nov 14, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #999 of 3,219
On the "Specs" tab:
Applicable to: Schiit Lyr, Lyr 2, Mjolnir 2

These 6922 substitutes have been available for quite awhile. But they are not for the Freya.

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #1,000 of 3,219
It appears the Lisst tubes for the Freya May be out by the end of the year .

I’m interested .
Personally I love the sound from tubes and just don't see the point in adding a solid state tube when it already has a solid state path. That said if they do come out I'll be interested in peoples thoughts after listening to them.

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #1,001 of 3,219
Personally I love the sound from tubes and just don't see the point in adding a solid state tube when it already has a solid state path. That said if they do come out I'll be interested in peoples thoughts after listening to them.
The Freya JFET buffer mode is the equivalent of a 6SN7 LISST unit except for the unity gain. A Freya/Saga LISST is probably not in the cards.

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #1,002 of 3,219
Well I love tubes too but they can be a money pit depending on your luck . It would be nice to have an option that will not eventually turn microphonic . The stock tubes I received and Tungsol new production all had noise problems , particularly the stock tubes .
The Shungang Treasure tubes , certainly the best of the lot have been better so we will see how they go .

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #1,003 of 3,219
The Freya JFET buffer mode is the equivalent of a 6SN7 LISST unit except for the unity gain. A Freya/Saga LISST is probably not in the cards.
That's my thinking too. Just don't see the point in it on a Freya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back