Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Oct 12, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #272 of 1,112
Thank is because the stick on feet for the Mimby are a bit taller than the pre installed feet on the magni 3 & Eitr

I was lucky to go through my parts bin to find feet that make the gap close enough not to notice

Attachments

• B1B03596-7570-4D71-BD14-C7A6C509A35C.jpeg
    B1B03596-7570-4D71-BD14-C7A6C509A35C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Oct 12, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #274 of 1,112
Everyone has their own version of OCD. While I didn't notice anything troubling with my Eitr/Mimby stack (not even on the rare occasions that I had the Magni 2U stacked on top), I did notice that the right channel power tube on my new Valhalla 2 is sitting the tiniest fraction of an inch taller than the left tube. I can't seem to even it out no matter how much (gently, of course) I try. This drove me a little bit crazy, but I am doing my best to ignore it. I'm not sure if this is due to the amp, the tube, or the socket savers I installed because Valhalla 2 looks much better IMO with the tubes sitting up higher. (The amp runs noticeably cooler also, but I'd be lying if I said I even considered that.) We hobbyists can be a funny lot.

I'm likely to add the Loki (also preinstalled feet I think) to my Eitr/Mimby stack next week. Now that I am aware of this, I bet I notice the uneven spacing.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #276 of 1,112
now to get a good RCA/coax cable to go along (are most getting from Blue Jeans or Ghentaudio)?
I use a 1ft 1505f Coax from Blue Jeans Cables. Very flexible, fantastic quality as usual.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #278 of 1,112
thanks! I ended up going with GhentAudio E08. hope he can shorten the cable though.

any of you went a step further and connected a clean power source to the Eitr?
I did bought a isolation transformer for Eitr and my notebook's charging power supply.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #279 of 1,112
The wall wart that comes with Eitr is very clean already, but I use a Furman pst-8d to remove an unrelated ground loop hum and now everything in my chain is dead silent.

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #280 of 1,112
I did bought a isolation transformer for Eitr and my notebook's charging power supply.
You can do that, but it really is not necessary. As Letmebefrank points out, the power supply supplied with Eitr is very clean, and each circuit on the inner circuit board uses their own transformers to isolate both the USB and SPDIF circuits individually from EM and RFI as well as from each other. If you read Jason's chapter "Skipping a Generation", he discusses this in some detail. IMHO, an isolation transformer for Eitr is superfluous.

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #282 of 1,112
You can do that, but it really is not necessary. As Letmebefrank points out, the power supply supplied with Eitr is very clean, and each circuit on the inner circuit board uses their own transformers to isolate both the USB and SPDIF circuits individually from EM and RFI as well as from each other. If you read Jason's chapter "Skipping a Generation", he discusses this in some detail. IMHO, an isolation transformer for Eitr is superfluous.
Yes im aware it not entirely necessary. But im out of sockets.

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #283 of 1,112
I'm using the Schiit cthulhu and it did wonders for clearing up space on my power strip, although it does make my ikea signum sag a little.

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #285 of 1,112
You don't need to worry about that. See Letmebefrank's and my comments above. Eitr was designed to provide its own very clean power source.

I see. was thinking of getting it for my speakers as well... my Schiit Stack + Speakers are all using the same Belkin surge protector

I'm using the Schiit cthulhu and it did wonders for clearing up space on my power strip, although it does make my ikea signum sag a little.

waiting for them to release the 3-Pin UK plug version :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back