Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Oct 28, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #1,276 of 3,339
Any prepaid orders that didn't ship yesterday will ship today.

Quote:
Order #5 here...still no word on my order.  Was your invoice a reauthorization of your payment?  Or a notification from Schiit that your order is processing? 

My payment was from early on when PayPal immediately disbursed funds, so I wouldn't expect a reauthorization notice.  However, if you received some other notification from Schiit that you order is now processing, then I would be concerned that Schiit is processing orders out of sequence.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 28, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #1,277 of 3,339
Quote:
Order #5 here...still no word on my order.  Was your invoice a reauthorization of your payment?  Or a notification from Schiit that your order is processing? 

My payment was from early on when PayPal immediately disbursed funds, so I wouldn't expect a reauthorization notice.  However, if you received some other notification from Schiit that you order is now processing, then I would be concerned that Schiit is processing orders out of sequence.

No other notification - as you guessed, it was a reauthorization.

Oct 28, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #1,279 of 3,339
I just received tracking information as well (for a non-USB Bifrost). Yippee! Any idea how long, via regular USPS, it takes this little Schiit to reach Canadian shores?

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #1,280 of 3,339
I got my Bifrost and Lyr today. After spending a few hours listening to them through my HD600's, and comparing them to an Arcam FMJ cd player/Cambridge Audio preamp setup, I've concluded that they are a helluva bargain. Their sound easily equals that of the much more expensive Arcam, and at times, even surpasses it. The Bifrost has a very clear sound without being harsh. It pairs perfectly with the Lyr.
For those curious about such things, I'm using Mullard ECC88's in the Lyr. Very clean sound, much like the solid-state Cambridge Audio preamp in my main system. No noise/hum whatsoever, and no clicking between tracks (I'm using the coax connection).  A worthy upgrade for folks using cheap DAC's, and a huge step up for those not using any DAC at all.

Oct 29, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #1,282 of 3,339
Finally got my cables and my bifrost hooked up last night. After some frustration with my cable box I ended up connecting optical from my TV to the BF and Coax from my Logi Touch to the BF.

First thing I noticed when playing music from my iTunes(Apple Lossless) through the touch was how much brighter all the intruments sounded. I hate using the metaphore so loosely but it truly made my speakers sound like they had been "unveiled". There was an incredible amount of depth to the soundstage that wasnt present before. I was very happy with the increase in musical enjoyment this little investment added. I will give it more time to break in and give it a listen but so far I would definitely suggest this product to anyone on the fence.

The only downside I think I may have perceived is that my bass doesnt seem to hit as low as before. The mid-bass seems tighter but the low slams dont seem to vibrate my couch as they did previously. I wish this had some sort of IR ability to change input. This is the only product in my whole house that I have to get up from my listening/watching area to change.

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #1,284 of 3,339
Someone asked about interfaces and how they appear with the Bifrost. Someone stated that nothing shows when using the TOSLINK interface. On my Mac that is mostly true; I just select "Digital Out" when using TOSLINK. However, when using USB, the Bifrost shows up as "Schiit USB Interface".

Oct 31, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #1,285 of 3,339
I believe that the question was specifically regarding when using SPDIF, still it's nice to know that it's a little more than a generic USB driver.

Oct 31, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #1,288 of 3,339
Hot diggety! Order number 157 has now left the building. Whoo hoo. 

Great work Jason. 

Now I will be able to sit back listening to my Lyr and Bifrost combo and dream of statement gear. 

Oct 31, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #1,290 of 3,339
I'm loving my Bifrost/Lyr combo with my hd600's. There is no listening fatigue whatsoever. In fact, the only negative thing I can come up with in regards to the Bifrost, is that it doesn't have the resolving power of the "reference grade" DACS. Of course, some folks may prefer this as it keeps it from sounding dry and analytical. Still an excellent piece of kit for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back