Schiit DAC/Amp to replace asus sound card
May 23, 2014 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

akarin

New Head-Fier
Hi, right now I have an asus xonar essence stx to power my beyerdynamic dt 770 250ohm and i don't like having it tied to my desktop, so i'm looking to sell it and then buy a schiit magni/modi combo. these will possibly power a pair of sennheiser hd600's in the future as well but i haven't decided on that yet. i just want to confirm that this will all work out properly and that i wont be sacrificing sound quality or something in any way by making this switch.

thanks

May 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 4
I replaced my Essence STX with a Audio-GD NFB-15.32, external DAC/Amp, $255+shipping (my total was $298).
http://audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm

Going to an external DAC will make sure your not getting "electrical noise" (from inside the computer case), in the audio signal (Schiit or Audio-GD).

May 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 4
  I replaced my Essence STX with a Audio-GD NFB-15.32, external DAC/Amp, $255+shipping (my total was $298).
http://audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm

Going to an external DAC will make sure your not getting "electrical noise" (from inside the computer case), in the audio signal (Schiit or Audio-GD).

that looks nice, i think. though i was hoping to spend no more than $200 (and the shipping shouldn't be much more with the schiit anyway). i'm pretty decided on those because of their price and convenience, unless there's another setup equally as good for equal or less the price

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 4
  that looks nice, i think. though i was hoping to spend no more than $200 (and the shipping shouldn't be much more with the schiit anyway). i'm pretty decided on those because of their price and convenience, unless there's another setup equally as good for equal or less the price

You wont get functional schiit stack for $200. RCA cables between amp and DAC $20. Another $20 for USB cable. Plus shipping. Price will be very close to NFB-15. If you live in the US then it's little cheaper. If you live anywhere else they cost pretty much the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back