Schiit Bifrost vs Asus STX (possibly STX II)
May 10, 2014 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ultracer

Head-Fier
Hi all, may I know if any of you have a chance to listen to both of these? On paper, the STX is much better than that of Bifrost, but how do these 2 sound?
Thanks in advance :)

May 10, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 7
  Hi all, may I know if any of you have a chance to listen to both of these? On paper, the STX DAC is much better than that of Bifrost, but how do these 2 sound?
Thanks in advance :)

I'm going to "guess" the Schiit Bifrost is a better DAC then that provided by the STX/STX II.
But your comparing a "bare" DAC (Bifrost) to a sound card (STX/STX II) which comes with a DAC chip and also offers surround sound processing and a headphone amplifier.

May 10, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #3 of 7

I'm going to "guess" the Schiit Bifrost is a better DAC then that provided by the STX/STX II.
But your comparing a "bare" DAC (Bifrost) to a sound card (STX/STX II) which comes with a DAC chip and also offers surround sound processing and a headphone amplifier

I'm actually just looking at the output of these 2 devices as a whole. I'm planning to get an Asgard 2 as the amplifier, feeding from either Bifrost or STX.
It's just that the STX specs are so good, it makes me wonder. Maybe I will have to buy and try out for myself? Any advice?

May 10, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #4 of 7
I am not getting which specs of STX are better relative to the Bifrost as 2 ch dac. Specs apart, the STX is nice but external dacs in the Bifrost class are better - at least to my ears and with revealing enough downstream gear. Whether you will be able to discern much difference in your chain is another matter and you can become sure only by trying.

May 10, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #5 of 7
  I'm actually just looking at the output of these 2 devices as a whole. I'm planning to get an Asgard 2 as the amplifier, feeding from either Bifrost or STX.
It's just that the STX specs are so good, it makes me wonder. Maybe I will have to buy and try out for myself? Any advice?

What headphones are you planning on using?
Check out the audio-GD NFB-15.32.
http://audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm

May 10, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #6 of 7

What headphones are you planning on using?
Check out the audio-GD NFB-15.32.
http://audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm

HiFiMan HE-560 
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back