Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade
Oct 6, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #1,382 of 1,448
Thank you
This may be a repeat post, but I suggest you try this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/779860/schiit-gungnir-multi-bit-captures-the-same-magic-of-yggy

I personally suggest you enjoy your Bifrost "4490". Having owned the "Uber", and being a fan of its sound signature, combined with the folks at Schiit stating the "4490" has an upgraded sound - you may have all the DAC you'll ever need. Listen to it for a while, and make your decisions based on that. And if / when that itch comes, you have a company backing you up with current and future upgrade options :p

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #1,383 of 1,448
Thanks for the info!

Please keep us posted as things progress (though maybe in the thread referenced by Sheldaze).

Took them one day to upgrade mine. Came in to Schiit on Monday, got the shipping notice today. Expect it to arrive by Thursday already...

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #1,387 of 1,448
Ok, but what about quality of music or type? What does the multibit have over the 4490? Thanks

I'm not expecting any miracles compared to my old Bifrost (we shall see), but I want to treat myself with some shiny new stuff every now and then and to support the company and people I like.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #1,389 of 1,448
Haha ok, yea Schiit is great and this is my 4th purchase, I for got new rca cables so I guess I'll have to use the previous Schiit cables untill I find good ones
I'm not expecting any miracles compared to my old Bifrost (we shall see), but I want to treat myself with some shiny new stuff every now and then and to support the company and people I like.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #1,392 of 1,448
Ok! Someone told me before that "flac" quality music or HD music can be heard using optical audio off of YouTube? Is that true?

It depends on many factors, including one's hearing.. but arguably the DAC quality wouldn't make a difference on 90% of the music available. Just because how horribly it was recorded to begin with.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #1,394 of 1,448
Ok, a guy that I talked to who actually has a $10k+ stereo setup said that, I have watched some YouTube videos that went through different types of audio formats and bit rates and I heard a diffrence (unless I was just hearing things)
Not sure what is meant by that, but there is no flac through Youtube to my knowledge.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #1,395 of 1,448
Ok, a guy that I talked to who actually has a $10k+ stereo setup said that, I have watched some YouTube videos that went through different types of audio formats and bit rates and I heard a diffrence (unless I was just hearing things)

YouTube is not the best source for quality audio, since everything uploaded there is getting converted to their own (lossy) codecs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back