1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade

First

Back
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
Next

Last
  1. Cobaltius
    I've heard people saying that the Modi is a little bright and has a little glare to the sound, and that the Bifrost is overall smoother than the Modi.

Does this seem to reach your experience as well?

2. Kalavere
    My Lyr 2 has a new friend, I'm very excited. =D

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

freedom01 likes this.
  3. Tuco1965
    Enjoy the stack :)

4. kothganesh
    Nice Kalavere; what HPs are you using with this stack?

5. Kalavere

Currently DT 770's. 

Next week, hopefully, HiFiMAN HE-560's. [​IMG]

6. Becomelikeyou
    I just received my Bitfrost with the latest upgrades, along with the Lyr 2. I was excited but no sound comes out of it at all.

When I try to install the USB drivers it tells me "please connect device" repeatedly and then terminates because it says it cannot find the device. However when I look into the device manager it is detected just fine, and selected as the default audio device. I am using a USB 2.0 cable as asked.

When I try it on my Macbook Air and select the peripheral for sound output, it's the same thing. No sound comes out.

I don't know what else to do, I'm really at a loss here, and nervous about having received something defective.

There has to be something I'm not doing right but what? I've checked everything I could think of. And yes it is set to USB output.

7. ben_r_

Dont worry, even if you really did get a defective one Schiit will take care of you and youll only be out some time. That being said, have you tried it from your MacBook Air via an optical cable? Have you tried running a source directly through the Lyr alone to make sure the amp is working?

8. Becomelikeyou

You appear to be right, a source from the Lyr directly gives me the same result. No sound, except for sporadic hissing.

I don't understand because I tried to follow the instructions.

What else can I do?

9. ben_r_

They are probably closed today, but wait until tomorrow and give Schiit a call. I have never owned a Lyr so I wouldnt know what else to suggest. I would recommend however if you have another amp that you can feed with just the Bifrost that you try that to make sure the DAC is working as expected.

10. StanD
    Did you check to see if the Lyr's tubes are properly seated?

11. Sam21
    1.jpg

2.jpg

the first image is the photo of my Bifrost Uber, the second image is the photo of an XMOS DAC that I bought from ebay. I have circled the oscillators [Clocks] of both DACs in the images. How do the oscillators compare ? which one is better, also, is the oscillator on Uber good ? 

12. nbrowser
    Ok I might have the opportunity to get my hands on a Bifrost Uber with the USB Gen2 upgrade in it and just cant find the right spot on this forum to post this question so I hope this place will work, will it be a noticeable upgrade over going analog from my Mac Mini to my Asgard 2? Also plan on jacking in a XBox One into it as well (Optical) and a CD player (coaxial). Whats the consensus on how this beautiful piece of gear sounds? I know my Asgard 2 was a leaps and bounds upgrade in headphone audio so I can't imagine the Bifrost Uber is a lemon.

13. SuperU
    I have an iMac. And I go out to a Wyrd, then to Bifrost Uber w/USB Gen 2, then to Asgard 2. I love my sound. I did not spend much time listening without the Bifrost, so can't compare effectively. But I can say that with all in place, the sound is great.

Hope that helps.

14. Billheiser
    Dude, it will be better. I guarantee.

15. aamer23
    the upgrade really improvs SQ i have done it already 

First

Back
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
Next

Last