Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade
Jun 17, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #991 of 1,448
  I know.  Just a moment of insanity on my part hoping to share information and ideas without it devolving into a cable debate.  Call me crazy, but I thought a Schiit thread was at least somewhat safe 
redface.gif

The only safe place for that is here: http://www.head-fi.org/f/21/cables-power-tweaks-speakers-accessories-dbt-free-forum

biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #992 of 1,448

The only safe place for that is here: http://www.head-fi.org/f/21/cables-power-tweaks-speakers-accessories-dbt-free-forum

biggrin.gif

He he he

That's the LAST thread I want to look at. I get hives just looking at the title.

Full disclosure: about 12 years ago I almost bought special 'rocks' for my system.  And I elevated my cables.

It's all in the past, man, it's all in the past

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #994 of 1,448
  I know.  Just a moment of insanity on my part hoping to share information and ideas without it devolving into a cable debate.  Call me crazy, but I thought a Schiit thread was at least somewhat safe 
redface.gif

Nah, Schiit is no different than the rest. Still just a lot of marketing hype there too. But, they at least keep their prices somewhat reasonable on most of their gear and they so far have stayed away from the cable BS. But they are still part of the snake oil/ magic smoke industry.

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #998 of 1,448
I've tried using super cheap optical cables and super expensive coax cables.  I tried and tried to hear differences using the same other gear, but I couldn't.  

I just buy cables that I know will last a long time given cheaper cables break sooner.

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #999 of 1,448
  I have coaxial, optical, and USB hooked up to my Bifrost Uber / Lyr stack and switching between the three input types has no noticeable difference to my ears through LCD-2 and HE-500. 

Yea same here. I use the USB for my PC, the optical for my CD player and the coax for my Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Output of the UberFrost feeds several different amps for different headphones and I just swap cables depending on which Im listening to. Ive tried swapping the inputs among all three devices and never could tell a bit of difference.

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #1,000 of 1,448

Yea same here. I use the USB for my PC, the optical for my CD player and the coax for my Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Output of the UberFrost feeds several different amps for different headphones and I just swap cables depending on which Im listening to. Ive tried swapping the inputs among all three devices and never could tell a bit of difference.

Yep, I can also confirm. I have done A/B testing using the USB and optical inputs and there was no difference. The USB board on the Bifrost is a huge plus.

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #1,002 of 1,448
genclaymore said:

Same as I usually use cables from monoprice because they offer replacement on the cables if any thing should go wrong.

Yea I buy all of my cables from monoprice these days.

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #1,003 of 1,448
It was a real eye opening day when I discovered my own expectation bias.  Noone wants to believe their brain is tricking them, but it is. 

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #1,004 of 1,448
  It was a real eye opening day when I discovered my own expectation bias.  Noone wants to believe their brain is tricking them, but it is. 

The worst is if you're dying of thirst in the desert and you see water that isn't there. Those Monoprice cables are looking good.

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #1,005 of 1,448
Hi Bifrost users - Do you recommend turning the unit off when not in use?  Or do you leave yours on all the time?  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back