1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade

First

Back
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Next

Last
  1. madwolfa

The only safe place for that is here: http://www.head-fi.org/f/21/cables-power-tweaks-speakers-accessories-dbt-free-forum

[​IMG]

2. swspiers

He he he

That's the LAST thread I want to look at. I get hives just looking at the title.

Full disclosure: about 12 years ago I almost bought special 'rocks' for my system.  And I elevated my cables.

It's all in the past, man, it's all in the past

3. StanD
    Dang, I missed all of the excitment. [​IMG]

4. ben_r_

Nah, Schiit is no different than the rest. Still just a lot of marketing hype there too. But, they at least keep their prices somewhat reasonable on most of their gear and they so far have stayed away from the cable BS. But they are still part of the snake oil/ magic smoke industry.

5. ben_r_
    You didnt miss anything you havent seen around here 800 times before StanD.

6. StanD
    That's all?

7. xoaphexox
    I have coaxial, optical, and USB hooked up to my Bifrost Uber / Lyr stack and switching between the three input types has no noticeable difference to my ears through LCD-2 and HE-500. 

8. Byrnie
    I just buy cables that I know will last a long time given cheaper cables break sooner.

9. ben_r_

Yea same here. I use the USB for my PC, the optical for my CD player and the coax for my Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Output of the UberFrost feeds several different amps for different headphones and I just swap cables depending on which Im listening to. Ive tried swapping the inputs among all three devices and never could tell a bit of difference.

10. ady1989
    Yep, I can also confirm. I have done A/B testing using the USB and optical inputs and there was no difference. The USB board on the Bifrost is a huge plus.

11. genclaymore

Same as I usually use cables from monoprice because they offer replacement on the cables if any thing should go wrong.

12. Byrnie
    Yea I buy all of my cables from monoprice these days.

13. supra1988t
    It was a real eye opening day when I discovered my own expectation bias.  Noone wants to believe their brain is tricking them, but it is. 

fenderf4i likes this.
  14. StanD
    The worst is if you're dying of thirst in the desert and you see water that isn't there. Those Monoprice cables are looking good.

15. JerseyD
    Hi Bifrost users - Do you recommend turning the unit off when not in use?  Or do you leave yours on all the time?  Thanks.

First

Back
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Next

Last