Schiit Audio Loki Mini Four-Band Equalizer - Head-Fi TV
Oct 10, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #76 of 109
For the Burson I'd try the DAC out and see if that'll do the loop.
For the Mojo you need to press the volume buttons down while the Mojo is booting to get line out level through the 3.5mm and then it is 3.5mm to twin RCA to Loki to Burson as technobear stated.

can you please explain in detail your suggestions where each cables goes to
knowing i will using my laptop in the chain

Oct 10, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #77 of 109
can you please explain in detail your suggestions where each cables goes to
knowing i will using my laptop in the chain

Laptop (USB port) --> USB cable --> (USB port) Mojo (Headphone socket) --> 3.5mm to 2xRCA --> (RCA inputs) Loki (RCA outputs) --> RCA cables --> (Line In) Burson

...or you could try reading the user manuals.

Oct 10, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #78 of 109
Laptop (USB port) --> USB cable --> (USB port) Mojo (Headphone socket) --> 3.5mm to 2xRCA --> (RCA inputs) Loki (RCA outputs) --> RCA cables --> (Line In) Burson

...or you could try reading the user manuals.

thanks with the mojo I already knew how to do it. I mean how can I do it with just the burson and loki if that is possible

Oct 10, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #79 of 109
the loki is so so so amazing that i wish they can desgin a portable battery powered version to be used with gears we have

I am buying another one for my home system now

Oct 10, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #80 of 109
thanks with the mojo I already knew how to do it. I mean how can I do it with just the burson and loki if that is possible
Oh, I see. Sorry I misunderstood you.

You would need to use a pair of RCA interconnects from the Burson DAC OUT to the Loki LINE IN and then a pair of RCA interconnects from the Loki LINE OUT to the Burson line in which appears to be labelled 'I'. Select 'I' with the input selector and see if it works. It can't do any harm. Either the DAC will work and will output sound on DAC OUT while input 'I' is selected - or it won't do anything.

Oct 10, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #81 of 109
Oh, I see. Sorry I misunderstood you.

You would need to use a pair of RCA interconnects from the Burson DAC OUT to the Loki LINE IN and then a pair of RCA interconnects from the Loki LINE OUT to the Burson line in which appears to be labelled 'I'. Select 'I' with the input selector and see if it works. It can't do any harm. Either the DAC will work and will output sound on DAC OUT while input 'I' is selected - or it won't do anything.

I will try that, also noticed someone on the burson thread is trying things and he asked burson and burson replied that he could o something called looping and it should work, but he did not succeed in doing things and he thinks he is doing something wrong and not understanding how to do it, so I emailed burson myself. As its confusing how to do looping with burson and loki or whatever that looping even means.

I will try your way and report back

now with mojo---burson--loki--- lcd x what an amazing result

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #82 of 109
Just received my Loki mini. Didn't think I would enjoy playing with an EQ that much, thought it might be too much effort to make each song just right. Turns out you just follow your ears and it takes 2.8 seconds. I should have guessed it, but it's so much easier to adjust than digital EQs. I found those to be a hassle to constantly change; now I gladly tweak a knob or two whenever necessary. Consider me converted. Solid EQ, wouldn't expect less from Schiit. Would love to see a version with a few more knobs and dB control.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #83 of 109
Just received my Loki mini. Didn't think I would enjoy playing with an EQ that much, thought it might be too much effort to make each song just right. Turns out you just follow your ears and it takes 2.8 seconds. I should have guessed it, but it's so much easier to adjust than digital EQs. I find those to be a hassle to constantly change. Now I gladly tweak a knob or two whenever necessary. Consider me converted. Solid EQ, wouldn't expect less from Schiit. Would love to see a version with a few more knobs and dB control.

I ordered one yesterday.

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #84 of 109
loki is one of the best gears i bought in 2017, what a great solid eq peroid

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #87 of 109
Hi All....In need of some guidance/help please

Apologies for not being able to think this one out on my own but would a Loki work well together with a Jotenheim? Would someone walk me through it connection wise and how it would be the main out for my headphones etc?>

Thank you very much indeed!

Cheers :)

Dec 18, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #88 of 109
Hi All....In need of some guidance/help please

Apologies for not being able to think this one out on my own but would a Loki work well together with a Jotenheim? Would someone walk me through it connection wise and how it would be the main out for my headphones etc?>

Thank you very much indeed!

Cheers :)

Please see my reply here.

Jan 14, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #89 of 109
After a few months running Chatham 6AS7G and some Sylvania 6SN7WGT, I plugged in my Valvo EL12s as drivers and suddenly remember what the fuss was about. Really lovely. That's about it for me with tube rolling for a while. Another update in about June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back