Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Sep 20, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #2,418 of 4,936
Sep 20, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #2,419 of 4,936
I had no idea Monoprice made a cable like this (although I shouldn't be surprised).
The Monolith brand seems to be an attempt by Monoprice to cover every aspect of audio, they have speakers, headphones, subwoofers, amplifiers, portable amps, donge DACs, cables, even furniture.

And looking at the furniture... the finish of the Monolith 4 Tier/Shelf Audio Stand matches what Pangea does, and the posts seem exactly the same.

For the USB cable, one reviewer who cut it open says "It appears to be a very similar design to Belkins usb cable and pangea audios usb cable."

So I'm not sure who actually makes these cables, there seem to be a lot of licensing deals going on.

Of course that's not a judgment of the quality of the cable, I have never used either a Monolith, Pangea or Belkin USB cable.

Sep 21, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #2,420 of 4,936
So I'm not sure who actually makes these cables, there seem to be a lot of licensing deals going on.

Of course that's not a judgment of the quality of the cable, I have never used either a Monolith, Pangea or Belkin USB cable.
That you know of. :smirk:

Sep 21, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #2,422 of 4,936
I see Yggdrasil is available in 3 versions..... I'm even more confused as what to order to upgrade from bifrost2 ........

Now Available in Three Flavors
Yes. Now, Yggdrasil is available in three different “flavors,” including two that (gasp) cost less than the original, and provide higher performance! Yes, we know. We’re super weird.

• Yggdrasil Less is More. Even better performance for lower cost. The most affordable Yggdrasil uses four TI DAC8812 16-bit D/A converters. Many think this is the best sounding flavor, hence less bits, more better…less is more.
  • Yggdrasil More is Less. The best-measuring integrated multibit DAC, ever. This Yggy uses four TI DAC11001 20-bit D/A converters. If you’re one who thinks multibit DACs can’t measure well, this one’s for you—approaching -120dB THD+N.
  • Yggdrasil OG. The Yggdrasil you’ve loved for years, same as it ever was. The original Yggdrasil with four AD5791 20-bit D/A converters remains in the line, because it provides an exceptionally engaging performance.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #2,423 of 4,936
Me too. Now we just need someone that has all three versions of Yggdrasil and a Bifrost2 that can tell us how each compare against the Bifrost2 and the others.. :grimacing:

Sep 21, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #2,426 of 4,936
Based on what I read, LiM is the closest to BF2 though I would want something more different than than just get BF2’s signature on a larger case (soundstage and tonality wise). OG Yggdrasil would still be that DAC directly as an upgrade for BF2 (superior depth and micro dynamics and a slightly more incisive tone) while LiM is for those who are switching from typical DS sound and want the full flavor of R2R (minimum amount of digital hash/etch in the timbre and most natural sounding Yggdrasil flavor)

Sep 23, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #2,428 of 4,936
I received a Bifrost 2 today that is currently paired with an Asgard 3... Would going Bifrost 2 > Jotunheim 2 Balanced or Bifrost 2 > Lyr 3 give anything over the Bifrost 2 > Asgard 3? If I went balanced with the Jotunheim 2 I'd also go balanced with the headphones (Nighthawk, SR2, OG Clear Pro).
First rule. Know one's equipment.

I suggest you listen to your current setup (with your new Bifrost), and identify shortcomings in your listening.

Balanced isn't always the "best". What are you trying to hear that you're not? What's missing?

As soon as you can identify, and articulate, your aspirations, you'll be ahead of the game.

Sep 25, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #2,429 of 4,936
I've been unable to get my Schiit stack working :frowning2:

All my devices are plugged in, turned on, and cables plugged in exactly as they were the last time they were working for me. Has anyone had an issue with their Bifrost 2? That seems to be the start of the problem, as neither my THX 789 amp nor my Xduoo TA-30 tube amp are working off of the Bifrost 2 DAC.

Help please if possible! I'm running a YouTube channel for reviews and I can't review my new HD8XX headphones :frowning2:

The problem seems to be worse than stated. Its been 30 minutes of power cycling the phone ad BF2 and it still wont detect USB.
Yesterday I contacted Schiit (no response yet) and ordered a new USB cable just in case. But unless there is a clear user error here I'll probably be asking for a replacement or a refund.
It seems possible I have an issue with connecting as well. My MacBook Pro detects the Schiit system though, but no sound is coming out of my headphones.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #2,430 of 4,936
I've been unable to get my Schiit stack working :frowning2:

All my devices are plugged in, turned on, and cables plugged in exactly as they were the last time they were working for me. Has anyone had an issue with their Bifrost 2? That seems to be the start of the problem, as neither my THX 789 amp nor my Xduoo TA-30 tube amp are working off of the Bifrost 2 DAC.

Help please if possible! I'm running a YouTube channel for reviews and I can't review my new HD8XX headphones :frowning2:

It seems possible I have an issue with connecting as well. My MacBook Pro detects the Schiit system though, but no sound is coming out of my headphones.
One thing to look at is to go to System Preferences/Sound and select the Bifrost. In the bottom right make sure Mute is not checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back