Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Jan 4, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #1,396 of 4,938
I see these are back ordered until the 15th but does anyone know if this date might be pushed back?

I've just ordered one so hopefully it is shipped this month but has there been a recent trend of the Bifrost 2 selling out resulting in (long?) back order waiting times?

Frustratingly the Lyr 3 230V part is also out of stock 🙈

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #1,397 of 4,938
I see these are back ordered until the 15th but does anyone know if this date might be pushed back?

I've just ordered one so hopefully it is shipped this month but has there been a recent trend of the Bifrost 2 selling out resulting in (long?) back order waiting times?

Frustratingly the Lyr 3 230V part is also out of stock 🙈

I was able to pick one up about 3 weeks ago, they showed as in stock for the last few months. They probably hit a holiday spike with orders, and/or holiday between Christmas/NYE break. The 15th is not too far off, you have waited this long, what’s another 10 days?

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #1,399 of 4,938
You people are horrible enablers - I just ordered one!

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #1,400 of 4,938
Has anyone pitted BF2 versus Yiggy A2 and picked the former for single-ended? I so want the YA2 but so don't want to spend $2500.

Jan 6, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #1,401 of 4,938
Has anyone pitted BF2 versus Yiggy A2 and picked the former for single-ended? I so want the YA2 but so don't want to spend $2500.
For headphone use and for using single ended you can pick BF2. However Yaggy really shines in speaker setup and balanced config.

Jan 6, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #1,402 of 4,938
For headphone use and for using single ended you can pick BF2. However Yaggy really shines in speaker setup and balanced config.
...or you could take the middle ground and get a Gumby! 😝 There are many happy owners, me included- I use one of the SE outs for my integrated/speakers and the balanced out for my headphone amp (the integrated doesn’t have balanced inputs). Good luck- lots of good Schiit to pick from.

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #1,403 of 4,938

For me it is speakers + single-ended haha.

Jan 7, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #1,404 of 4,938
I just received word that my Bifrost 2 shipped today, hopefully that means that others will be hearing something soon.

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #1,406 of 4,938
Oh niiiice 😁

Whereabouts are you based, I wonder if I will receive the dispatch today too or in next few days 😁

I'm in Philadelphia - I hope you hear soon!

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #1,408 of 4,938
I just received word that my Bifrost 2 shipped today, hopefully that means that others will be hearing something soon.
I ordered mine on last Sunday despite the 1/15 backorder notice and received a shipping notice today. I live down I-5 from Newhall, CA.

UPDATE (1/8/21): And... USPS misdelivered my Bifrost 2 to the wrong house, wonderful. Someone else other than me signed off on the package. I think it could be one of the random hands working on my neighbor's property two miles away who signed off on it. C'mon USPS, I'm living in the countryside, it isn't that hard!

UPDATE 2 (1/9/21): That neighbor got back to me around noon today (his address is 1000 numbers off mine) and I picked it up. The package remained unopened. I'm still going to make a complaint against USPS for the signature fiasco (my address was scrawled on the signature block).

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #1,409 of 4,938
I recently watched a stream created by i believe @MRphotography (sorry if its not you bro) about the Pendant vs Elise and he talks about how the D90 holds back the Elise when it comes to soundstage and tubey goodness and he actually recommended a Bifrost 2 instead of the D90. Can someone plz help shed some light between the two dacs. I ve been running my D90 for about 7 months now and so far ive been really happy. However I do know that my Elise doesn't sound as tubey as some claim it to be despite using same tubes. I would like to know what kind of sound signature can i expect from the BF2 as opposed to the D90.

Thanks for your time.
I found the same thing to happen with the Euforia. I have tried a few DACs with it, and the AKM and ESS based DACs seemed to compress the soundstage in comparison to the Bifrost 2. The BF2 does a rather significantly better job at 3-dimensionality, microdynamics and realism in the soundstage presentation. The Euforia (and probably the Elise as well) enhances/enriches what the DAC feeds into it, so the difference between the staging and dynamic behavior of the DACs is even more apparent through the Euforia than through solid-state amps.

Jan 9, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #1,410 of 4,938

Users who are viewing this thread

Back