Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Oct 22, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #1,351 of 4,879
I found the Val2 due to pure luck when I was browsing usaudiomart one day. Schiit might be upgrading it soon so that might be why they’re not restocking black Valhallas.
Nice! Don't get me wrong, I love my silver V2, but the 80's rocker in me loves black stereo gear. :L3000:

Oct 25, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #1,354 of 4,879
im going to get a either a liquid platinum or monoprice 887 soon to use with my new bifrost 2. which one do you guys think would be a better choice?

im currently leaning towards the lp more at the moment tbh. any adivces appreciated.
I like the 887 or Topping A90 to go with a good multibit DAC.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #1,356 of 4,879
Any chance you have some impressions on Jot vs Asgard 3 with 650? I've toyed with getting a JOT as my other 2 amps are tube amps and like to have a good SS around.
I can't compare with Asgard but I can say the XLR out on the Bifrost 2 gives a pretty big (to huge) bump in clarity, separation, and life versus the RCA even when using single ended out on the Jotunheim. So I'd vote for the Jot, but again I haven't tried the Asgard at all.

Oct 26, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #1,357 of 4,879
im going to get a either a liquid platinum or monoprice 887 soon to use with my new bifrost 2. which one do you guys think would be a better choice?

im currently leaning towards the lp more at the moment tbh. any adivces appreciated.
I really didn't care for the 887 at all. It was super fast and clear but had no life ... or physicality. Stage was super tight too. The design didn't appeal to me either. Not a fan of black boxes, especially with screens.

Oct 26, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #1,359 of 4,879
I can't compare with Asgard but I can say the XLR out on the Bifrost 2 gives a pretty big (to huge) bump in clarity, separation, and life versus the RCA even when using single ended out on the Jotunheim. So I'd vote for the Jot, but again I haven't tried the Asgard at all.

Well that may be down to the inputs on the JOT, on liquid platinum using XLR or SE input and balanced XLR to headphone I can't tell the difference.

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #1,361 of 4,879
While it may be mentioned earlier in this thread I hadn't seen this assertion prior, thanks for sharing you experience on balanced vs. SE output from the BF2. I'm currently running though a Lyr3 amp but this as me curious on the sonic differences between a Lry3 and Jot considering the balanced experiences descried here. Does anyone have both (Jot and Lyr3) that could provide some description on the differences they hear with BF2 as a source?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #1,362 of 4,879
Thinking about picking up a Bifrost 2 but want to know if it is better than what I have. I am running a Bluesound Node 2i (Tidal and my redbook CD files via network) > Yulong DA8 Mrk 1 Sabre DAC (DAC mode only) > THX AAA 789 > Audeze LCD2 (pre-fazor) . I was running Jotunheim before the AAA 789, but I think I like the clarity I get from the AAA 789 over the Jotunheim. Will taking out the Yulong and inserting the Bifrost 2 (using the balanced inputs) bring anything noticeable to the table?

Oct 26, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #1,363 of 4,879
I really didn't care for the 887 at all. It was super fast and clear but had no life ... or physicality. Stage was super tight too. The design didn't appeal to me either. Not a fan of black boxes, especially with screens.

Thx,

I like my amps to have life to them and musical. The Jot is prettty good for that, after thinking im going to pass on the 887 and also the a90 as I dont like a sterile sound.

Oct 27, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #1,364 of 4,879
Any BF2 users prefer using a DDC like the Eitr to Unison USB? To these ears, I've found myself preferring the Eitr to the onboard USB board...
I can’t say I prefer the Eitr as that is what I use when connecting it to the old macbook that wont work with unison, but using the iphone as transport and going back and forth using Eitr and Unison, I do find unison to sound somewhat softer.

Oct 27, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #1,365 of 4,879
While it may be mentioned earlier in this thread I hadn't seen this assertion prior, thanks for sharing you experience on balanced vs. SE output from the BF2. I'm currently running though a Lyr3 amp but this as me curious on the sonic differences between a Lry3 and Jot considering the balanced experiences descried here. Does anyone have both (Jot and Lyr3) that could provide some description on the differences they hear with BF2 as a source?
I have both, let me start with the Jot, it just shines when fed via xlr, everything seems to sound clearer, and more volume too. With the Lyr, the tube you use also plays a role on the sound. But coming from a modi mb, I do appreciate the improvement the BF2 brought, detail and clarity, and that bass too.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back