Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Sep 1, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #1,276 of 4,934
This is a question I have as well. Planning on buying a Bifrost 2 soon (hoping to find one used) and want to use this to source my PC speakers as well as my RSA Raptor. Am I able to have both of these connected (my speakers can accept a balanced signal and amp accepts RCA) so I plan on connecting the speakers via XLR output and amp via RCA. Is this going to work as I expect?

Also, if anyone has a line on a used bifrost 2, I would love to know.
I did something very similar with my modius, and had zero issues. Xlr outputs went to my magnius, rca to my valhalla 2. Both dac outputs were active simultaneously. I had emailed schiit to make sure it wasn't an issue, and they confirmed it was fine

Sep 1, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #1,277 of 4,934
I did something very similar with my modius, and had zero issues. Xlr outputs went to my magnius, rca to my valhalla 2. Both dac outputs were active simultaneously. I had emailed schiit to make sure it wasn't an issue, and they confirmed it was fine

So am I correct that in this situation my speakers and headphones would essentially be receiving audio signals at the same time? Which means I would just simply need to turn them off/lower the volume on them and then simply turn them back up when I want to use the speakers. Does this sound correct? It's difficult not having the device in front of me to test! Haha.

Sep 2, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #1,280 of 4,934
This is a question I have as well. Planning on buying a Bifrost 2 soon (hoping to find one used) and want to use this to source my PC speakers as well as my RSA Raptor. Am I able to have both of these connected (my speakers can accept a balanced signal and amp accepts RCA) so I plan on connecting the speakers via XLR output and amp via RCA. Is this going to work as I expect?
There are rumors of a Saga 2 potentially being on the horizon, which will include balanced I/O like the Freya, just at cost of some RCA inputs. This is what I'm patiently waiting for to accomplish roughly the same thing you're describing.

Sep 6, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #1,281 of 4,934
There are rumors of a Saga 2 potentially being on the horizon, which will include balanced I/O like the Freya, just at cost of some RCA inputs. This is what I'm patiently waiting for to accomplish roughly the same thing you're describing.

Whilst one can never be sure of what Schiit will do, I believe that this is highly unlikely.

They launched the previous models of Saga and Freya only 16 months ago, in May 2019, and have recently discontinued the solid state versions, Saga S and Freya S, as their sales were much lower than the tube versions, Saga + and Freya +.. Production of a new solid state Saga is therefore extremely unlikely and a balanced tube version would not fit in a Saga sized case; in addition, such a case size with only two balanced inputs and a single balanced output would not have enough space for even a single RCA input and an RCA output, thus would be balanced only. Moving up to the Freya size case, the savings from a reduced number of inputs would provide minimal cost savings and thus a product with little differentiation from the existing Freya +; it would also potentially make both the new preamp and the Freya + more expensive due to splitting sales across two models.

Whilst I would also like a solid state, Saga sized, balanced and single ended I/O preamp I just don't think it will happen anytime soon. I can't help thinking that any such rumour is simply wishful thinking.

Sep 6, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #1,282 of 4,934
Whilst one can never be sure of what Schiit will do, I believe that this is highly unlikely.

They launched the previous models of Saga and Freya only 16 months ago, in May 2019, and have recently discontinued the solid state versions, Saga S and Freya S, as their sales were much lower than the tube versions, Saga + and Freya +.. Production of a new solid state Saga is therefore extremely unlikely and a balanced tube version would not fit in a Saga sized case; in addition, such a case size with only two balanced inputs and a single balanced output would not have enough space for even a single RCA input and an RCA output, thus would be balanced only. Moving up to the Freya size case, the savings from a reduced number of inputs would provide minimal cost savings and thus a product with little differentiation from the existing Freya +; it would also potentially make both the new preamp and the Freya + more expensive due to splitting sales across two models.

Whilst I would also like a solid state, Saga sized, balanced and single ended I/O preamp I just don't think it will happen anytime soon. I can't help thinking that any such rumour is simply wishful thinking.
Here's a link: https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/saga-2-ideas-from-freya-s.9735/

Sep 6, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #1,283 of 4,934
Here's a link:

Thanks for the link, good to know that it was a suggestion from Jason.

FYI Links to that site, and its predecessor, are generally not liked on this site by the moderators, so you may find your post deleted and receivje a warning from a moderator. There are historical reasons for this although enforcement does not seem to always happen recently.

Edited to correct error in position of f sub clause.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #1,284 of 4,934
Been stalking this and other Schiit DAC threads for a few months, noticed a B Stock 230v BF2 on the website this morning and pounced.

Many thanks for the thoughts impressions, I’m sure I won’t be disappointed listening with the Asgard3 I received a couple weeks ago!

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #1,285 of 4,934
Been stalking this and other Schiit DAC threads for a few months, noticed a B Stock 230v BF2 on the website this morning and pounced.

Many thanks for the thoughts impressions, I’m sure I won’t be disappointed listening with the Asgard3 I received a couple weeks ago!

ive been enjoying that combo for a few months! Good choice!

Sep 23, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #1,286 of 4,934

Congrats on the find! 230V units are quite a bit more rare in the B stock page than 115V, at least when I’ve looked :smiley:

Thoroughly enjoying my BF2 here, in my case with a Lyr3. It is a great upgrade from the internal multibit card :L3000:

Sep 26, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #1,287 of 4,934

My BF2 B-Stock 230V died yesterday... Buyed last July, worked fine two months. No sound, no clicking relay muting... I hope good service from Schiit.

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #1,290 of 4,934
It took years for Schiit to have anything besides silver (although now it looks like they are leaning more strongly into black over silver, alas). So I don’t think it’s likely. Unless someone has heard some whispers...
You can always buy one, take the shell off and have it powder coated in whatever color floats your boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back