Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Jun 17, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #1,066 of 4,812
Nah, I'm guessing yours will ship by sometime next week, assuming they have enough parts in stock to fill all the backorders. I placed my order on 4/27 and it shipped today. No guarantees, but I doubt current orders will be delayed much past the 6/30 estimate they currently have up as long as they don't run out of parts again.

Thanks for the optimism. I imagine they have a decent sized backlog of orders, so I won't get my hopes up. Looking forward to it though!

Jun 18, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #1,073 of 4,812
My Bifrost 2 is on order and hopefully shipping soon, the first DAC upgrade since installing the uber analog card in 2015, bought the original unit in 2012.

Now the question is Unison USB or keep using my Eitr?

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #1,076 of 4,812
At best your Eitr is Schiit's gen 5 USB, so unless it is for an older (non-usb) dac I would go Unison.
But that's just my 2 cents.
Agreed. Unison is the upgrade from Gen 5 (Eitr), so I would go with Unison.

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #1,077 of 4,812
At best your Eitr is Schiit's gen 5 USB, so unless it is for an older (non-usb) dac I would go Unison.
But that's just my 2 cents.

Good point!

Jun 18, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #1,078 of 4,812
I'm using my Mimby again after not using it for over 6 months and I'm loving it but I want to know just how much better the Bifrost 2 is in comparison? For me $699 is a big jump since I've never spent over $300 for a dac so it has to be a noticable improvement over the Mimby. I'm sure it would be but I'd like to here what people think that have used both.
It's noticeable in some key areas. Bass is better, spatial resolution is better. There's more depth and better imaging. For me though, the biggest difference has been the USB improvement. I used to have a lot of gremlins in the sound from nearby electronics, motors, etc. Not at all with the Unison USB...

Jun 19, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #1,079 of 4,812
with Unison, has anyone compared WASAPI with ASIO4all?

Jun 19, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #1,080 of 4,812
It's noticeable in some key areas. Bass is better, spatial resolution is better. There's more depth and better imaging. For me though, the biggest difference has been the USB improvement. I used to have a lot of gremlins in the sound from nearby electronics, motors, etc. Not at all with the Unison USB...

I've been using the Lyr Multibit Dac Module, and my Bifrost 2 just arrived. I hooked it up and I can tell you one thing that's super obvious: the sound is CRISP! Since the sound is so clean, everything sounds better: Bass, depth, imaging, etc. Worth every penny for anyone using the built-in add-on modules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back