Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
May 21, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #961 of 4,883
Response I got today: "Unfortunately it is going to be longer than originally anticipated. We haven’t yet received the parts we are waiting on. It could be a couple weeks before it is able to ship. I’m sorry for the wait."

Wow! That is a VERY long wait.

May 21, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #962 of 4,883
Response I got today: "Unfortunately it is going to be longer than originally anticipated. We haven’t yet received the parts we are waiting on. It could be a couple weeks before it is able to ship. I’m sorry for the wait."
Schiiiiiiiiieeeet

May 21, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #964 of 4,883
Don't like your RME anymore?
I still love it :) I'm a reviewer and was going to make a DAC shootout with a number of units but that idea is shot for now.

Currawong loves Schiit DACs and says they are a great in-between for standard delta sigma implementations and the more musical R2R options. I was hoping to add it to my little setup but maybe another time.

May 21, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #965 of 4,883
If you haven’t heard Multibit DAC or NOS DAC you are in for a surprise. You will notice major change in tonality and Timbre out of box.
Bifrost2 is a major upgrade from SMSL SU-8, mark my words. It’s worth the upgrade just for the tonality and timber that you will get out of it.
If you are someone who like little warm sound with very natural vocals then go for it.

PS: I was not at all aware that we can take digital out of Sony ZX300, can we?

There is a cable for digital out. I've got one, used to be hard to track down.

May 21, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #967 of 4,883
Oh what the Scheeiiiiiiiitt. I've got one pre-ordered as well. I know it's not their fault, far from it. My only issue is that the longer I wait, the more I have to consider cancelling and ordering an yggdrasil GS. Not sure that would make sense if only using the SE outputs.. but I'm considering. Ahhhhhh!!!!

May 22, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #968 of 4,883
Oh what the Scheeiiiiiiiitt. I've got one pre-ordered as well. I know it's not their fault, far from it. My only issue is that the longer I wait, the more I have to consider cancelling and ordering an yggdrasil GS. Not sure that would make sense if only using the SE outputs.. but I'm considering. Ahhhhhh!!!!

It would actually be very interesting to know how the Bifrost2 compares to the YggdrasilGS, especially single-ended outputs :)

May 22, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #969 of 4,883
It would actually be very interesting to know how the Bifrost2 compares to the YggdrasilGS, especially single-ended outputs :)
Bifrost is better if the intended use is thru single ended output. Also Bifrost has more agreeable sound and hence is easier to be put in any setup.
Yggdrasil like any other high end DAC needs careful selection of downstream gear.
The DAC is worth the wait.

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #970 of 4,883
May 22, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #971 of 4,883
Bifrost is better if the intended use is thru single ended output. Also Bifrost has more agreeable sound and hence is easier to be put in any setup.
Yggdrasil like any other high end DAC needs careful selection of downstream gear.
The DAC is worth the wait.
Thank you good sir. One day, if I’m lucky, I will have another setup in another room of which I will perhaps attempt to build a different style of amp, maybe something solid state class a. I wonder if balance inputs can be implemented into a pass labs first watt design. Anyways maybe that is the time for an Yggy. I shall wait for the bifrost 2 with baited breath. You’ve done us a great service.

May 23, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #975 of 4,883
I think I'm gonna pull the plug on my order and go with something else. I just can't wait any longer. I stupidly sold my DAC to fund the Bifrost, not knowing about the parts delay. I haven't been able to listen to any music for about a month now. I'm sure it's a great unit but these delays are getting a little ridiculous. I heard they are waiting on one supplier for the PCB's. It might be time to find another supplier.

The $99 Modi comes to mind as a nice filler-in while waiting. Plus it’s great to have as a backup or in a second system when the Bifrost2 arrives.
Unless the Modi is also on backorder, that is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back