Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Jun 20, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #1,096 of 4,934
Thank you. Now I can go to sleep!! :D

You won't regret it. :wink:

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #1,098 of 4,934
+2, no regerts!

1592661323942.png

Jun 20, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #1,100 of 4,934
Yeah. It's dangerous. I also ordered an LCD2 to go along with the Asgard 3/BF2 stack. Hope it pairs well. Do people still listen to Audeze?

You'll be happy, I don't have BF2 but I have modi multibit and modius and Asgard 3. LCD2F pairs awesome with one of my favorite combos out of all my amps and cans.

Jun 20, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #1,101 of 4,934
I think my best headphone listening experience ever was at a dealer in Bozeman, Montana. I got to try a pair of LCD-X. Listened to Forty Six and 2 by Tool.

It was absolutely incredible. The speed, realism, sense of an enveloping soundstage. I haven’t been able to duplicate it ever since.

Jun 20, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #1,102 of 4,934
I don’t know how Schiit can still price this DAC at $699 but I’m now even more impressed with this Schiit after extensive A/B listening with my AK SP2000 DAP in lineout mode through Schiit Saga preamp. While the AK can match the Bifrost 2 in sheer resolution and transients and maybe a tiny bit blacker background with the SP2000, the SP2000 just pales in painting the sound image that Bifrost 2 can portray with the SP2000 having less holographic soundstage presentation in all axis. Bifrost 2 can easily make your speakers sound even wider, deeper and more holographic than other DACs that cost many times than the Bifrost 2. It’s the only DAC other than Gungnir Multibit A2 and Yggdrasil A2 that made the illusion that the sound that came out of the Yamaha HS7 that’s even wider and deeper than their physical distance

Jun 20, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #1,103 of 4,934
Hi guys,
I had Synology DS115 NAS as my music server connected to Cambridge Audio DACMagic 100 DAC via USB for a long time. It worked perfectly, I was controlling it through DS Audio app on my iPhone as a remote. Recently I got Schiit Bifrost 2 with Unison USB. I still want to use my Synology DS but when I connected it to Bifrost there is no any sound. Optical and coax connections from other sources work fine. Does anyone experienced problems with Synology DS and Unision USB DAC?

Jun 21, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #1,104 of 4,934
Hi guys,
I had Synology DS115 NAS as my music server connected to Cambridge Audio DACMagic 100 DAC via USB for a long time. It worked perfectly, I was controlling it through DS Audio app on my iPhone as a remote. Recently I got Schiit Bifrost 2 with Unison USB. I still want to use my Synology DS but when I connected it to Bifrost there is no any sound. Optical and coax connections from other sources work fine. Does anyone experienced problems with Synology DS and Unision USB DAC?

Does the Bifrost2 work when connected via USB to a computer running Windows10, MacOS X or any recent Linux distribution? If so I’d suspect that the Synology DS only supports USB Audio class 1, but the Bifrost2 requires USB Audio class 2.

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #1,106 of 4,934
I think my best headphone listening experience ever was at a dealer in Bozeman, Montana. I got to try a pair of LCD-X. Listened to Forty Six and 2 by Tool.

It was absolutely incredible. The speed, realism, sense of an enveloping sound stage. I haven’t been able to duplicate it ever since.

Super stoked to read this.....just getting into Schiit and solid audio as a whole......went from Fulla->SMSL SP200->Asgard 3 & Bifrost 2........next upgrade is gonna be a set of LCD 2 or LCD -X. Tool is the right music for me as well
Right now running Schiit stack on DT770's 80 Ohm and Meze Noirs and occasionally HarmonicDyne Helios. The switch from SP200 to Schiit stack convinced me to keep the DT 770's - amazing how the shift in audio chain can influence cans.

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #1,107 of 4,934
My backordered BF2 showed up this weekend. I’m impressed. It’s interesting to have ease of listening (smooth sound) without losing any detail. I would assume smoothing sound might have that kind of trade off but this has every bit of detail I would get from an ADI2 but the sound I’m hearing is so much less fatiguing.

I got a similar feeling moving from the ADI2 (which to me was indistinguishable from the modi3) to the modius. And this feels like an equal improvement from there.

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #1,108 of 4,934
My backordered BF2 showed up this weekend. I’m impressed. It’s interesting to have ease of listening (smooth sound) without losing any detail. I would assume smoothing sound might have that kind of trade off but this has every bit of detail I would get from an ADI2 but the sound I’m hearing is so much less fatiguing.

I just got mine today as well - took FedEx almost a week to get it to Colorado for some reason, which felt almost as long as the backorder wait - but it was definitely worth it. My impressions so far are exactly as you described, MUCH less fatiguing than the D/S DAC I was using previously, but somehow seems even more resolving and detailed. I'm really enjoying it immensely.

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #1,109 of 4,934
I just got mine today as well - took FedEx almost a week to get it to Colorado for some reason, which felt almost as long as the backorder wait - but it was definitely worth it. My impressions so far are exactly as you described, MUCH less fatiguing than the D/S DAC I was using previously, but somehow seems even more resolving and detailed. I'm really enjoying it immensely.

Reading all of these is making it harder to wait!

Jun 24, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #1,110 of 4,934

The value proposition of BF2 is just revolutionary IMO. Well implemented D/S DACs can also portray a similar feeling of resolving ability without ever causing fatigue, and I'd even go as far as ultra-smooth (even much smoother than BF2/GMB A2 and Yggdrasil A2) that flows effortlessly, but they would cost at least 2-5x more than BF2. One downside that I always note with those D/S DACs and this includes the well regarded Chord DAVE with Blu-MK2 that I've demoed a number of times is the D/S DAC's (well implemented only) "hyper-realistic" sound (they do give awesome wow factor in the beginning) that can sometimes sound "too hi-fi or ethereal/refined" for my taste (or like electrostats vs dynamics as an analogy). I'd trade the utmost refined sound of those D/S DACs for some "live rawness (other forums calls this plankton)" signature that BF2, GMB A2 and Yggdrasil A2 have in their presentation especially the vocals and piano rendition that sounds more realistic than the uberclean well implemented D/S and upper/summit tier Chord DACs. The Schiit MB is not for everyone but it's an acquired taste of you're into "raw vintage sound" with modern technicalities.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back