Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
post-15682384
Post #1,053 of 1,365

Marlowe

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I'm planning to buy a DAC this week. If the Bifrost was available, or I had a reasonable expectation that it would ship around the 6/30 date on Schiit's website (or even by, say, Bastille Day), I'd buy it. But I am currently six weeks into a wait for a ZMF Aeolus that looks nowhere near to ready and I really don't feel like investing almost $800 (with sales tax and shipping, which is a lot for me--I'm retired) into another piece of gear whose shipping date is even more mysterious. I bet they have a lot of backorders to fulfill before they get to new orders and the parts delay may clang down once again. I'm inclined to go with the Topping D90 MQA, especially since it is on sale this week and virtually all my music listening is from Tidal. Reviewers who I respect have given it very good or better reviews. One spent a lot of time comparing it to the Bifrost; he gave the edge to the Bifrost, but found it quite close. I'm still pondering, but that's my inclination ATM.

And TBH, I feel that Schiit has been less than candid about the situation, moving back the ship date multiple times without providing more information. I realize that the current situation is tough for everyone, but I'd feel more charitable if Schiit had just admitted that the situation was unpredictable and it would ship when it would ship. By doing what they did, it's impossible to trust anything they say now on the situation.

Last edited:
post-15682412
Post #1,054 of 1,365

jnak00

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I'm planning to buy a DAC this week. If the Bifrost was available, or I had a reasonable expectation that it would ship around the 6/30 date on Schiit's website (or even by, say, Bastille Day), I'd buy it. But I am currently six weeks into a wait for a ZMF Aeolus that looks nowhere near to ready and I really don't feel like investing almost $800 (with sales tax and shipping, which is a lot for me--I'm retired) into another piece of gear whose shipping date is even more mysterious. I bet they have a lot of backorders to fulfill before they get to new orders and the parts delay may clang down once again. I'm inclined to go with the Topping D90 MQA, especially since it is on sale this week and virtually all my music listening is from Tidal. Reviewers who I respect have given it very good or better reviews. One spent a lot of time comparing it to the Bifrost; he gave the edge to the Bifrost, but found it quite close. I'm still pondering, but that's my inclination ATM.

And TBH, I feel that Schiit has been less than candid about the situation, moving back the ship date multiple times without providing more information. I realize that the current situation is tough for everyone, but I'd feel more charitable if Schiit had just admitted that the situation was unpredictable and it would ship when it would ship. By doing what they did, it's impossible to trust anything they say now on the situation.
Waiting sucks, no question. And not knowing what's happening sucks too. But I am certain Schiit has never screwed over a customer's order and you would be safe placing an order...as long as you are OK waiting. Saying you can't trust Schiit because of the ship date slipping is a little extreme, IMO.

post-15682443
Post #1,055 of 1,365
Reaction score
Website
www.hear.reviews
I feel that Schiit has been less than candid about the situation, moving back the ship date multiple times without providing more information.
Jason posted elsewhere that they are waiting on specific parts. What they are telling you is likely based on the same things their suppliers are saying, which can be equally unreliable. Something to be happy for is that we have the internet and the ability to quickly communicate and find out what is going on. Better than a few decades ago!

post-15682487
Post #1,056 of 1,365

Marlowe

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Waiting sucks, no question. And not knowing what's happening sucks too. But I am certain Schiit has never screwed over a customer's order and you would be safe placing an order...as long as you are OK waiting. Saying you can't trust Schiit because of the ship date slipping is a little extreme, IMO.
Boy, how in the world did you come up with that? I've made multiple purchases from Schiit, their CS has always been great, and it would never enter my mind not to trust them to fulfill my order. What I thought I clearly said was that I didn't trust what they said what they say about the Bifrost shipping date. I realize that they may well be getting bad estimates from their supplier, but whatever the reason, if I place an order now I have no idea when it will ship. I am absolutely confident that Schiit will ship it to me when they can but it could well be months. Or only weeks. My point is nobody knows and I don't feel like placing an order under those circumstances.

Reactions: warp2600
post-15682503
Post #1,057 of 1,365

jnak00

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Boy, how in the world did you come up with that? I've made multiple purchases from Schiit, their CS has always been great, and it would never enter my mind not to trust them to fulfill my order. What I thought I clearly said was that I didn't trust what they said what they say about the Bifrost shipping date. I realize that they may well be getting bad estimates from their supplier, but whatever the reason, if I place an order now I have no idea when it will ship. I am absolutely confident that Schiit will ship it to me when they can but it could well be months. Or only weeks. My point is nobody knows and I don't feel like placing an order under those circumstances.
Sorry, misread that part. On first read it looked like you were saying you can't trust them but i misunderstood your meaning.

post-15682995
Post #1,058 of 1,365

EagleWings

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Hey guys, when the Bifrost 2 is shipped domestically, is there an invoice included in the box either outside or inside?

I am asking because, import duty that Indian Customs charges is high (~75%) and I am trying to use a shipping forwarding service. If there is no invoice included in the box, I will be able to provide an invoice showing a lower value, to avoid the high import duty.

post-15683006
Post #1,059 of 1,365

ev666il

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
@Marlowe I can relate to your predicament. However, knowing myself I can tell you that in your place, were I to buy the Topping, I would then spend my time wondering whether I’d have been happier with the Bifrost 2 instead. That is, of course, entirely based on my own experience and personality; if you don’t have audio nervosa to the same extent that I have, you might indeed be better served purchasing the product that is available right now.

post-15684188
Post #1,061 of 1,365

rsnblmn

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Got my shipping notice today as well, so they're definitely starting to work their way through the backorders by the looks of it. Have faith, everybody!

Reactions: jaboki
post-15684233
Post #1,062 of 1,365

jaboki

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Got my shipping notice today as well, so they're definitely starting to work their way through the backorders by the looks of it. Have faith, everybody!
I didn't get my shipping notice yet but they just charged by card!

Reactions: rsnblmn
post-15684500
Post #1,063 of 1,365

j0val

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I didn't get my shipping notice yet but they just charged by card!
When did you place your order? I just placed mine less than 2 weeks ago. I guess I probably shouldn't expect it until August/September based on what's been going on.

post-15684565
Post #1,064 of 1,365

rsnblmn

Head-Fier
Reaction score
When did you place your order? I just placed mine less than 2 weeks ago. I guess I probably shouldn't expect it until August/September based on what's been going on.
Nah, I'm guessing yours will ship by sometime next week, assuming they have enough parts in stock to fill all the backorders. I placed my order on 4/27 and it shipped today. No guarantees, but I doubt current orders will be delayed much past the 6/30 estimate they currently have up as long as they don't run out of parts again.

post-15684598
Post #1,065 of 1,365

jaboki

Head-Fier
Reaction score
I ordered in May

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)