Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
May 23, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #4,261 of 4,938
May 23, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #4,262 of 4,938
May 24, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #4,265 of 4,938
I know this is not a Gungnir thread, but I have been looking to get myself a Gumby to compare with BF2. Found a nice Gumby A2 w/ Unison last month but it ended up being DOA. Found another nice Gumby A2 /w Unison last week, and this one is also DOA. At this point, maybe I should just stick with BF2. :sob:

May 24, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #4,266 of 4,938
I know this is not a Gungnir thread, but I have been looking to get myself a Gumby to compare with BF2. Found a nice Gumby A2 w/ Unison last month but it ended up being DOA. Found another nice Gumby A2 /w Unison last week, and this one is also DOA. At this point, maybe I should just stick with BF2. :sob:
Bummer. I found this Gumby but he's DUI.

blncy_017.jpg

May 24, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #4,267 of 4,938
It’s definitely worth contacting Schiit and asking for their help getting it repaired. That is if you still have either of them.

May 24, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #4,268 of 4,938
It’s definitely worth contacting Schiit and asking for their help getting it repaired. That is if you still have either of them.
The first one went back to the seller not long ago, so he can send it for warranty repair. Second one arrived literally today. I have already messaged the seller to see how he wants to handle this. It's just weird that both of them exhibit the same problem, must be a common issue with this DAC. Meanwhile, my D/S Gungnir is still working fine, and this one was shipped from Canada.

May 24, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #4,269 of 4,938
The first one went back to the seller not long ago, so he can send it for warranty repair. Second one arrived literally today. I have already messaged the seller to see how he wants to handle this. It's just weird that both of them exhibit the same problem, must be a common issue with this DAC. Meanwhile, my D/S Gungnir is still working fine, and this one was shipped from Canada.
Care to expand on this?
Just picked up an A2 / Unison Gumby (2021 r.) which is working fine, but am curious ...

May 25, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #4,272 of 4,938
Pull the cover off and check the fuse…..it’s located on the board, back left corner next to the power cord receptacle
Thanks but Gungnir case has a lot of screws though... However, I'm still waiting for seller's reply. The seller most likely will ask me to send it back because it's still under warranty. I don't want to open it then get blamed.

May 26, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #4,273 of 4,938
Still staying within the threads perimeters, I wanted to ask a general question regarding the digital analogue converter technology. If anyone has any knowledge and or insight into this I'd appreciate your thoughts. Here's my question:

If one has an integrated amp whose onboard dac has a narrow soundstage and you introduce a standalone dac into the setup that is known to have an expansive sound stage with almost 3D type abilities, will the standalone dac's capabilities override the narrow soundstage of the amp?

Thanks.

May 26, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #4,274 of 4,938
Still staying within the threads perimeters, I wanted to ask a general question regarding the digital analogue converter technology. If anyone has any knowledge and or insight into this I'd appreciate your thoughts. Here's my question:

If one has an integrated amp whose onboard dac has a narrow soundstage and you introduce a standalone dac into the setup that is known to have an expansive sound stage with almost 3D type abilities, will the standalone dac's capabilities override the narrow soundstage of the amp?

Thanks.
Yes because you are not using the onboard DAC. Your source signal will be going through the standalone dac at that point then back to your amp.

May 26, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #4,275 of 4,938
Yes because you are not using the onboard DAC. Your source signal will be going through the standalone dac at that point then back to your amp.
I do understand that the signal will now be going through the standalone but, does the dac have that much control and ability that it literally steers the majority of the sound signature that we hear? If true, can you explain how this works? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back