Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Aug 30, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #2,327 of 4,873
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 1.35.01 PM.png

Aug 30, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #2,328 of 4,873
not all software says, but if you went into device properties you'd set the output rate

Sep 3, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #2,332 of 4,873
Any chance Schiit would ever make a coax card to replace the USB input? If I was to use this in a living room, having 2 coax inputs would allow me to use it with a streamer and a CD transport at the same time.

Sep 5, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #2,333 of 4,873
I am somewhat torn between getting the BF2 or Ares 2. I would love to hear more of your thoughts on the two...
I'd suggest Ares 2 for 2channel system...Schiit for headphone set up. Though the bitfrost will work great in 2 ch system... can't say the same for the Ares in regards to headphone set up.

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #2,336 of 4,873
I have to search and see his reply but full disclosure... Im basing my opinion solely on the zillion forums and conversations that I've scrolled through from people who seemingly know what they like. Just seems like Denaphrips makes their products for mid to high fi speaker systems 1st. Schiit as many of the other companies that make DAC equipment tend to cater to headphones 1st. I honestly haven't come across anyone who prefers Denaphrips over Schiit for headphones but I'm sure they are out there.

Sep 5, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #2,337 of 4,873
I have to search and see his reply but full disclosure... Im basing my opinion solely on the zillion forums and conversations that I've scrolled through from people who seemingly know what they like. Just seems like Denaphrips makes their products for mid to high fi speaker systems 1st. Schiit as many of the other companies that make DAC equipment tend to cater to headphones 1st. I honestly haven't come across anyone who prefers Denaphrips over Schiit for headphones but I'm sure they are out there.
But also consider that Mike Moffat goes to the opera to hear how music truly sounds. I'm sure he uses a good dose of speakers when tuning his DACs.

Sep 6, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #2,338 of 4,873
While I can't speak to the Denafrips Ares, I use my BF2 mostly through speakers (Genelec studio monitors set up for near field listening) and can say the BF2 sounds excellent through this setup, presenting music in a way that works for me. The BF2 delivers detail, accurate timbre, note attack and decay, an appropriate sense of scale, rhythmic drive, soundstage width and depth, image solidity, etc. While my setup may only work for me, it's what I like and I like it a lot. If there's a Schiit "house sound" it's one I like and I appreciate the excellent customer support I've received from the company, the 5-year warranty, and the overall value of Schiit products.

Good luck with your search!

Sep 6, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #2,340 of 4,873
In regards to the Gungnir multibit.. I'm seeing a lot of people saying there are two versions floating around. The 1st being more analog and warm sounding while the 2nd and assuming the one Schiit provides now is more cold. Almost bought the gungir multibit for that warm side of neutral sound until I came across forums saying how much it has changed. Anyone have recent experiences with this? If it's indeed fact that Schiitt for whatever reasons changed the sound signature of the gungir...then I may just get the bitfrost. Really was looking to stack though and I'm not putting anything on top of the freya +. 🥵

Users who are viewing this thread

• zexk
Back