Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Jul 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #1,606 of 1,717
how long did it take for you non-US citizens out there to receive your Schiit? 

Between six and eight days from Schiit headquarters to my home in Austria. There are three Bifrosts, two Valhallas and one Lyr in my home. Shipment never took longer than eight days, but I always selected the fastest shipment option when placing my orders.

Werner.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #1,608 of 1,717
I am interested in picking up an Asgard for a home desktop amp. With so many positive reviews can anyone tell me why there are over half a dozen available in the For Sale section? I mean, I am glad because there's a good supply but many of them are only 1-3 months old. Is there something I am missing here? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #1,609 of 1,717
Quote:
I am interested in picking up an Asgard for a home desktop amp. With so many positive reviews can anyone tell me why there are over half a dozen available in the For Sale section? I mean, I am glad because there's a good supply but many of them are only 1-3 months old. Is there something I am missing here? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  That's part of the disease that comes with joining here. People are always changing headphones and different phones need different amps.  The grass is always greener on the other side as they say. 

It is also on the lower end price wise of desktop amps.  People start out on the low end and some move on pretty quickly.  My guess is that if you pay attention, most amps show up quickly in the classifieds no matter how good they are. Sometimes life happens and people need money for unforeseen circumstances too.

Schiit offers a money back guarantee (-5%).  If people truly hated the thing, I think most would have gone back to Schiit in the 15 return period.

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #1,610 of 1,717
Quote:

Because it's a very popular amp to start off with, but if you stick around on the forum you'll eventually upgrade :)

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #1,611 of 1,717
Quote:

Because it's a very popular amp to start off with, but if you stick around on the forum you'll eventually upgrade :)

Bingo! Also, this hobby is a disease of upgratitis.

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #1,612 of 1,717
Quote:
buzz solved?

thanks

If your talking the audible buzz when it is running, yes.  I have had my Asgard for 4-5 months and it is as quiet on as it is off.  If you are talking about the background noise on IEMs, that won't get fixed (as it is not broken or flawed).  IEMs and super sensitive cans aren't what the amp is designed for.

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #1,613 of 1,717
I didn't get any buzz/noise running off my super sensitive custom iem. Totally silent.

My Asgard was made around May/June this year.

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #1,615 of 1,717
Quote:
I didn't get any buzz/noise running off my super sensitive custom iem. Totally silent.

My Asgard was made around May/June this year.

Really? There is a distractingly high noise floor on my Westone UM3x, but not a peep in the background on my M-50 or HD650

Aug 25, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #1,617 of 1,717
Should be getting my Denon 5k's and Asgard in the mail this week. Will post impressions here with my Essence as a DAC if anyone is interested.

Looks like there are at least three people in-thread with the 5k Asgard combo, would love to hear their thoughts on it!!!

Aug 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #1,618 of 1,717
Well I got both of them in now. This is definitely is a rock solid combo. I wish I had more amps around besides my Essence ST to compare it to, but it obviously blows that one away.

I already gave impressions in the denon amping thread, but I wonder if anyone here had experience with the intermittent buzzing when the volume goes past 2 o' clock? Not sure if it has to do with being plugged into the same outlet as my computer or not. Or maybe the Essence can be a noise dac as it is a soundcard?

A+ build quality also, this is a great amp and perfect size, so much power.

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #1,619 of 1,717
I'm one of the guys selling my Asgard. To be honest, i don't have anything positive or negative to say about it (aside from the overall build quality which is pretty nice)

I just didn't hear an improvement over my Onkyo 805 receiver running my Denon D2000 and AKG K702. And i've A/B tested it to be certain of any sound improvement. I couldn't tell these 2 amps apart.

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #1,620 of 1,717
Quote:
Well I got both of them in now. This is definitely is a rock solid combo. I wish I had more amps around besides my Essence ST to compare it to, but it obviously blows that one away.

I already gave impressions in the denon amping thread, but I wonder if anyone here had experience with the intermittent buzzing when the volume goes past 2 o' clock? Not sure if it has to do with being plugged into the same outlet as my computer or not. Or maybe the Essence can be a noise dac as it is a soundcard?

A+ build quality also, this is a great amp and perfect size, so much power.

I'm not sure why you'd be able to turn the volume past 2:00 on the asgard. That would certainly be deafening to most. Those cans are easy to drive to high volumes. When I had that combo:

8=mild
9=medium 
10=medium loud

At 12:00 it was loud as I could stand it really. Do you have the volume on your pc and player all the way up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back