Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Nov 3, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #1,353 of 1,717
Mine just shipped.  It should be soon for you my friend. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 5, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #1,355 of 1,717
I didn't think anything could pair better than the MAD EAR HD tube amp with the Grado RS1i but the Asgard to me sounds better, and for a third of the price. 
The Asgard with Bifrost paired with my RS1i is just magic.  

Thanks Jason.  You made my Grado RS1i really happy.  

Nov 5, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #1,356 of 1,717
In anticipation of the Asgard's imminent arrival, what is the deal with the 1/8" to RCA plug? 

I have an Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC/Amp and it has RCA out. Is it correct that the RCA out bypasses the amp portion? Would there be any benefit to ouput from the DAC 1/8" headphone jack (acting as a pre-amp I guess) and into the Asgard? 

I know of only one possible benefit, I don't have to go out and buy an RCA interconnect!

Thanks,

Gary

Nov 6, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #1,357 of 1,717

Quote:
In anticipation of the Asgard's imminent arrival, what is the deal with the 1/8" to RCA plug? 

Perhaps because the Asgard is their entry level headphone amp.  Everyone has some sort of source, be it iPod or laptop or desktop computer, that has a mini plug output.  It's a bit of a stretch nowadays to expect everyone to have a source with RCA output.  Read the About page on the Schiit web page.  They're aiming for Joe consumer who doesn't have any full size stereo components.

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #1,362 of 1,717

Quote:
Kind of a stupid question, but is the power switch in the back the only means of powering it on?  That is, is the volume control just for volume and not for turning it on?

That would be correct.

And seriously, man!

Nov 7, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #1,363 of 1,717
Man! yea there is only one means of turning on the amp, its via the back panel switch. The volume knob is for volume only.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back