1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by XERO1, Aug 28, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. Mani ATH 87
    This is ridiculous. The optimum setting is the volume you like to listen to.

ProfFalkin, Hofy, Raptor34 and 4 others like this.
  2. genck
    You misunderstood what he was saying, 70% of the pot doesn't mean 70% volume. Some people turn their amp up while turning the source volume down, or vice versa - max source volume and have low pot setting.

audiobomber likes this.
  3. airwhale
    I have a question out to the schiit-europe folks, as the Asgard 3 (or 2 for that matter) is not yet stocked by them. I suggest you, and other European customers email them too, so they perhaps realize they can sell the A3 over here. As far as I could tell, pricing of other products wasn't too far off the US prices, but of course with the Dutch VAT added (21%).

I'm thinking shipping should be more reasonable than all the way from California.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Tim van der Leeuw and Charente like this.
  4. Charente
    Asgard 2 is still being sold in the Netherlands for €229 ... which is quite good, considering shipping, import duty, VAT and their margin. I think they have dropped the price significantly, presumably ahead of the arrival of Asgard 3. None in the UK, as you say... not for a while now.

airwhale likes this.
  5. Zer0.p0int.Zer0
    I am interested in hearing how the new Asgard 3 compares to Asgard 2 as well other Class A implementations, such as the HeadAmp Gilmore Lite Mk2.

Charente likes this.
  6. alota
    Really curious aboit this new amp. Wait for more impressions

7. airwhale
    Just saw the Asgard 3 listed for pre-order, to ship in 4-6 weeks. Cart will check out at €414 with the multibit dac option AND shipping. Can’t complain on that deal :)

8. tafens
    It is. I have ordered from them before, and for me - living in Sweden - both the shipping and VAT is lower than by ordering direct. Also, no customs charges.
    But this time I couldn't wait and just ordered the Asgard3 direct from Schiit-US :)

Edit: @airwhale I just saw you also live in Sweden :) Not very far from me either, I'm in Eskilstuna :D

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    airwhale likes this.
  9. logboy
    i emailed the UK distributor the day after the announcement, and got an automated email saying he's gone on holiday.

interested to see what the UK price is. no idea where those elsewhere in europe are pre-ordering from. i'm in the UK. i will be sticking to that option unless there's a price issue.

10. airwhale
    This is the site for the guys I've been in contact with. With an estimated 4-6 week ship date out of the Netherlands, that should reach you before Brexit, but...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  11. logboy
    thanks. i didn't know there was now a separate EU distributor. the UK one did have the URL to declare itself the EU one, but it now switches to a CO.UK link if you have it bookmarked.

i will still expect that the UK site becomes the most suitable site for me, but the timing and lack of an ability to (pre)order it now in the UK (as USA customers can) probably has some people looking around for what's going on with european area prices on it.

12. XERO1
  13. Snowpuppy77
  14. XERO1
    That's next, but it's probably gonna be a while until I have an extra $750 to blow. :sweat_smile:

Thankfully, my Modi MB has proven itself to be quite the lil' champ! :L3000:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Hofy likes this.
  15. wushuliu
    Nice short review. I have a lot of issues with the use of 'neutral' etc, but I get the drift.

It sounds more like the Asgard excels in micro-detail, and micro-detail can come from a couple different possibilities: 1) Lower noise floor - usually a result of any improved power supply, for instance. 2) Distortion (ironically), for instance a certain amount of 3rd harmonic distortion can be 'ruthlessly revealing'. These are just two examples.

I'm guessing the Asgard has reduced distortion/noise in some capacity. There was mention of a dual stage PS filter which may drive up cost after the initial $199, and what you're hearing may be the benefit of that.

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last