Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread
Sep 19, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #317 of 2,832
Any chance of speeding european deliveries up a bit ?

The updated info on the schiit-europe product page is good news: shipping 24th September scheduled (!)

That's less than a week away from shipping, then allow a few more days on the road to get here before the end of the month. I'm really excited for this little piece of kit to arrive, yay!

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #319 of 2,832
The updated info on the schiit-europe product page is good news: shipping 24th September scheduled (!)

That's less than a week away from shipping, then allow a few more days on the road to get here before the end of the month. I'm really excited for this little piece of kit to arrive, yay!

I saw ! Very exciting indeed. I have a five day weekend coming up at the end of next week. It would be perfect timing.
Really curious about the differences compared to my Vali2..

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #320 of 2,832
The analog card is no longer on Schiit's website.

Mine just showed up today, so we'll see how the install goes.

I noticed that yesterday too. Glad I ordered mine when I did.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #321 of 2,832
It's interesting that you seem to think I couldn't afford any piece of audio gear I want, now. I don't need to wait to "figure it out". But thanks for the straight up assumption about me.

Enjoy your power conditioner. :beyersmile:
Seems to me that the assumptions were mutual.

Sep 19, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #327 of 2,832
Eventually you may want to upgrade the DAC card to one with Unison, and then the old DAC card is useless by itself. If you get a Mimby, and want to replace it with a Unison version (or any other DAC), you still have a useful DAC for other systems.
Or if you ever want to use coax or TOSLINK, a separate DAC is better, too.

But you'd need another outlet, a pair of RCA cables and more space, so I get the temptation to stick to a card.

I'm a bit confused on this. Is Unison supposed to fit inside the Modi or Asgard card-sized modules? I though Gen5 and possibly Unison were too large and the Unison cards Mike was writing about were the upgrade cards for the older Bifrost, Gungnir, etc.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #328 of 2,832
I'm a bit confused on this. Is Unison supposed to fit inside the Modi or Asgard card-sized modules? I though Gen5 and possibly Unison were too large and the Unison cards Mike was writing about were the upgrade cards for the older Bifrost, Gungnir, etc.
It's not as certain as I thought it was, but Schiit is at least considering Unison for the cards, possibly without the transformer based isolation since that seems to be the big issue in terms of making it fit. Chances are that would still be an improvement over Gen 2.x.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #329 of 2,832
@Jason Stoddard

Is there ANY way you guys can maybe offer up add in dac cards that are spdif/optical instead of usb? Because that would be ACES, and I'd buy an Asgard 3 with optical dac input ASAP. Optical opens up a lot more versatility vs usb input, IMHO. Just.... please.

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #330 of 2,832
I got my Asgard yesterday and Im really happy with it so far. I had not looked into the size of it and I was a little bit suprised at how much bigger it is compared to my Vali1. Before buying I was wondering if upgrading from a Vali would even be audible to my non audiofile ears and im happy to say that there was a real change. I put on a song and did not really get impressed right away, then I flipped the gain switch to high and turned the volume up a bit and I just started grinning like an idioit :) The music came to life and it just felt great. I did notice on some songs that it was a bit to bright, but I suspect that was the recording and not the amp. I use HD800 and I think they are enjoying the extra umph from the Asgard3 compared to the Vali.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back