1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by XERO1, Aug 28, 2019.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. starence
    So, in order to open the case, do you just take out the 4 screws on top, and remove the volume knob and the nut behind it?

2. airwhale
    The updated info on the schiit-europe product page is good news: shipping 24th September scheduled (!)

That's less than a week away from shipping, then allow a few more days on the road to get here before the end of the month. I'm really excited for this little piece of kit to arrive, yay!

Charente, alota and whitecastle like this.
  3. logboy
    schiit UK have said on FB that they hope to have their stock by the end of next week.

4. strider1007
    I saw ! Very exciting indeed. I have a five day weekend coming up at the end of next week. It would be perfect timing.
    Really curious about the differences compared to my Vali2..

5. Hofy
    I noticed that yesterday too. Glad I ordered mine when I did.

6. senorx12562
    Seems to me that the assumptions were mutual.

Rensek likes this.
  7. tcellguy
    I'm thinking of getting an Asgard 3 for work. Can anyone compare to the Jotunheim or Lyr 3? Maybe it's somewhere in between in tonality, soundstage, warmth etc?

8. will f
    Curious about the Lyr3 comparison too. I’m tempted to buy an Asgard just see for myself.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  9. HumdrumPenguin
    Got mine today. I've been using a PC sound card (Asus Xonar Essence STX) for years now. This little amp is legit. Not as bright, and the sound has a fuller body than what the sound card could provide. Love it.

10. will f
    What are you using for headphones and DAC?

11. HumdrumPenguin
    HD6XX and the AKM 4490 module built in the Asgard. I have an HD700 also, but the cables were destroyed because of humidity or dryness, no idea which. I just ordered new cables for the HD700, and will test them tomorrow night.

will f likes this.
  12. tcellguy
    I'm a bit confused on this. Is Unison supposed to fit inside the Modi or Asgard card-sized modules? I though Gen5 and possibly Unison were too large and the Unison cards Mike was writing about were the upgrade cards for the older Bifrost, Gungnir, etc.

13. Alcophone
    It's not as certain as I thought it was, but Schiit is at least considering Unison for the cards, possibly without the transformer based isolation since that seems to be the big issue in terms of making it fit. Chances are that would still be an improvement over Gen 2.x.

tcellguy likes this.
  14. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    @Jason Stoddard

Is there ANY way you guys can maybe offer up add in dac cards that are spdif/optical instead of usb? Because that would be ACES, and I'd buy an Asgard 3 with optical dac input ASAP. Optical opens up a lot more versatility vs usb input, IMHO. Just.... please.

Rensek likes this.
  15. Grieg
    I got my Asgard yesterday and Im really happy with it so far. I had not looked into the size of it and I was a little bit suprised at how much bigger it is compared to my Vali1. Before buying I was wondering if upgrading from a Vali would even be audible to my non audiofile ears and im happy to say that there was a real change. I put on a song and did not really get impressed right away, then I flipped the gain switch to high and turned the volume up a bit and I just started grinning like an idioit :) The music came to life and it just felt great. I did notice on some songs that it was a bit to bright, but I suspect that was the recording and not the amp. I use HD800 and I think they are enjoying the extra umph from the Asgard3 compared to the Vali.

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last