1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by XERO1, Aug 28, 2019.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last
  1. Mani ATH 87
    I don't own any tube amps and don't have much experience with them so I couldn't say for sure.

2. Snowpuppy77
    That was my impression as well. Asgard 3 also having a more open sound stage. Asgard 3 is still a smooth sounding amp.

3. strider1007
    Took the plunge yesterday, the EU distributor site usually says an item is in stock, or not... Turns out ready to order now means ready to pre-order, estimated delivery in 4 to 6 weeks... Big bummer... :triportsad:

Jason !

Any chance of speeding european deliveries up a bit ? I really want it yesterday, not late october... :beyersmile:

4. airwhale
    Yeah, I know the feeling. I have my order in too, since a week or so back - guess they are collecting orders across EU so they can fill up a container :) Good thing is they can't delay more than, I believe max 6 weeks, before they would need to refund the money due to an EU regulation. The distributor will surely opt for keeping the cash and delivering the product if at all possible.

At this point, we can only hope for an early delivery. (At least, it will be an early Christmas come late October.)

/Tormod

Baten likes this.
  5. moriez
    ProAudio Italia is on Schiit's distributors list. I doubt their situation is any different but you could ask them.

6. HifiRED
    Is there a recommendation for USB cable for the A3?

7. alota
    You have recommendation on schiit website

8. KukoCL
    I'm thinking on buying the Asgard 3 with the Dac module (not sure if MB) to drive my HD660s which I'm using directly from my desktop PC with a creative sound blaster RX, and sometimes directly from my Galaxy S9 smartphone (yeah..)

Do you think it will match well with these headphones?

I usually like soft/relaxed sound, not much a treble happy guy.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  9. strider1007
    I'm using the HD660S . Now with the Vali 2 and the modi-multibit.

However I won't be able to seriously comment untill I get to use the Asgard3.. Unfortunately the arrival is about to take 4 to 6 weeks.. So hang in there, and let me get back to you..

Jason, c'mon man.. six weeks..

10. KukoCL
    That's cool, ty man. And I'm buying from Chile, so I'll have to wait anyway like 2 months or more because the customs here are very lazy..

11. starence
    It would likely be a good match with the 660S, great synergy with the 650. Also, it's neutral enough that it should pair well with most headphones. Asgard 3 is smooth, with relaxed highs, but I wouldn't call it soft. Amazing amp.

12. HumdrumPenguin
    Should go well. I got last week a HD6XX (650) and I was pairing with the Asus Xonar Essenc STX. THe sound was not quite there yet (kinda thin I guess?), and I thought that was for lack of power, although specswise it should be able to handle it fine in theory. So I ordered earlier today a black Asgard 3 with the 4490 dac. I've read here and there that the Multibit dac is not worth that much, so I didn't wanna add another US100. I'm curious to know how well it goes with the 660s. I've had a HD700 being fed from the STX card, but I had to heavily equalize it (via APO64) to be able to enjoy, otherwise I couldn't stand the freaking trebble on that thing. The wonders of getting a job, now I get to afford my weird schiit. I think this cheap audiophile solution I got myself will prove quite nice. After the pads and headband on the HD700 got all destroyed even being taken care of, I don't see myself spending close to a 1000 Canadian gold (back in the day, that was the price) on stuff that deteriorates no matter what. Although I'd love to try a Focal Utopia on a Blue Hawaii once just for the sake of getting to know if no money boundaries really bring you the ultimate punch (which I doubt).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  13. senorx12562

I would humbly suggest that if you ever have the chance to try a Blue Hawaii, you do so with an electrostatic hp instead of a dynamic.

GarageBoy and episiarch like this.
  14. KukoCL
    I'm kinda new with audio gear, and I bought a Little Dot MK2 tube amplifier with Russian tubes recommended from one thread here to amp my HD650, and I never could tell any difference between using the tube amp or directly from my creative soundblaster RX card from my desktop PC at matched volumes. Both says supports up to 600ohm headphones but the tube amp started to distort baddly over 60% volume in the knob while the creative was plenty of power without distortion.

I sold it. Not trying to be an ass, just giving my own experience with tubes. I hope if you dive there anyway, you have better results.

15. KukoCL
    I had the HD6XX too, while it was good, it always lacked something that I couldn't tell (the thin sound you said maybe), and tried to improve it with more and more gear.

I finally sold my tube amp and the HD6XX, and bought the HD660S. The sound is completely in other level, even connected to poor gear (like directly to my Galaxy S9+), no regrets there :3

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last