Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #2,839 of 2,842
I've had my Asgard 3 for two months now and I enjoy it. I pair it with my MMB2 and Loki Mini and get a lot of good sound out of them. I went from a Magni 3+ to the Asgard 3. My next step up is to improve on my Vali 2++. It might be a simple as getting a Vali 3. It's been getting a lot of love.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #2,840 of 2,842
I went from a Magni 3+ to the Asgard 3.
My little Magni 3+ at the office is now 4 years old and has recently developed some weird behavior: big popping at the left channel when plugging anything into the jack, and channel imbalance (-3dB in L). My work-around has been an attenuator -- also for the obvious reason of more granularity in the volume pot -- and somehow that voltage divider addresses the channel imbalance, but I fear that I should retire the little fella ASAP before it decides to play Kamikaze with one of my transducers.

Have been eyeing the A3 with the ESS card. The other option would be to replace the old amp with a new Magni to pair with an existing (and also old) Modi 3, of course. Interesting dilemma. Can't deny the 5-years warranty is very attractive for the A3.

Almost pulled the trigger today, by the way. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back