schiit asgard 2 vs tubemagic A1
Apr 30, 2014 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sargatanas

Head-Fier
i know this has been asked a million times but im stuck. this will be first real desktop headphone amp. i like the ability with the A1 to power computer and high efficient speakers. my only experience with tubes are high gain metal amps lol. i know the tube is for the preamp not for headhone out. my main objective is using them for my Senn HD650's, Westone 40's and Denon AH-7100's. i listen to 95% metal. im looking for fast attack with solid kick-drum. im looking for "FUN" sound. the HD650's... ive never listened to them with proper power. they sound like they wouldnt have much kick-drum attack. they do sound awesome for OPETH! 

if i go the tubemagic A1 route, i will also go with the D2 dac. as far the Asgard 2... they look awesome and they have good reviews. mostly pronounced highs. not sure about the bass.

im also considering the NFB-15.32 as an amp/dac

May 1, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 7
i know this has been asked a million times but im stuck. this will be first real desktop headphone amp. i like the ability with the A1 to power computer and high efficient speakers. my only experience with tubes are high gain metal amps lol. i know the tube is for the preamp not for headhone out. my main objective is using them for my Senn HD650's, Westone 40's and Denon AH-7100's. i listen to 95% metal. im looking for fast attack with solid kick-drum. im looking for "FUN" sound. the HD650's... ive never listened to them with proper power. they sound like they wouldnt have much kick-drum attack. they do sound awesome for OPETH! 

if i go the tubemagic A1 route, i will also go with the D2 dac. as far the Asgard 2... they look awesome and they have good reviews. mostly pronounced highs. not sure about the bass.

im also considering the [COLOR=FF0000]NFB-1[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]5.32 as an amp/dac[/COLOR]

Tubemagic A1 hp out is all tube, preamp and speaker out are hybrid. I enjoy the A1 + q701 for metal. Not sure if it's more the hp or the amp but they're very fast for kick - drums and the like.

I listen to a lot of industrial and power metal like Rammstein and Nightwish :)

May 1, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 7
Tubemagic A1 hp out is all tube, preamp and speaker out are hybrid. I enjoy the A1 + q701 for metal. Not sure if it's more the hp or the amp but they're very fast for kick - drums and the like.

I listen to a lot of industrial and power metal like Rammstein and Nightwish
smily_headphones1.gif

awesome. very good to hear! does the A1 have plenty of power to get loud? sometimes i like to crank the volume to bloodbath and morbid angel!

May 2, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #7 of 7
Hp out has plenty of power for me. Almost never above half volume (which is almost unbearably loud on all my headphones)

Use similar volume settings for the 4ohm monitors it's powering as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back