Schiit Asgard 2 Fuse
Dec 4, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #16 of 19
If it doesn't have a set screw, then it's a press on knob. This method works great. You might want to use tape on the faceplate to keep from marring the surface.

It looks like a screw inside. I tried my best to take a picture.

Attachments

• IMG20221204125353.jpg
    IMG20221204125353.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG20221204125342.jpg
    IMG20221204125342.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 0
Dec 6, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #18 of 19
It may be moot.

I found this pic on the Asgard 2:
Circuit_Schiit_Asgard_2.jpg

I'm afraid I see no indication whatsoever that the transformer might be wound with two primaries: one for 110V and another for 220V. There is nothing on the PCB that would indicate it, save for the SW2 pads at lower left (whatever they're for). Yet, they are in the absolute wrong position to be a switch between coils on the transformer. I suppose it could be possible with some weird circuit traces on the bottom, but not likely. Ideally, it would be around the fuse area or close to it, where the line power comes into the transformer - and there is nothing.

This pic came from a site that was in French and there was no indication of a European voltage choice, whether user-settable or not:
https://www.qobuz.com/be-fr/info/Hi-Res-Guide/Bancs-d-essai/Schiit-Asgard-2-puissance-et177762

Dec 6, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #19 of 19
It may be moot.

I found this pic on the Asgard 2:
Circuit_Schiit_Asgard_2.jpg

I'm afraid I see no indication whatsoever that the transformer might be wound with two primaries: one for 110V and another for 220V. There is nothing on the PCB that would indicate it, save for the SW2 pads at lower left (whatever they're for). Yet, they are in the absolute wrong position to be a switch between coils on the transformer. I suppose it could be possible with some weird circuit traces on the bottom, but not likely. Ideally, it would be around the fuse area or close to it, where the line power comes into the transformer - and there is nothing.

This pic came from a site that was in French and there was no indication of a European voltage choice, whether user-settable or not:
https://www.qobuz.com/be-fr/info/Hi-Res-Guide/Bancs-d-essai/Schiit-Asgard-2-puissance-et177762
Thansk a lot for this post....! Finally there is an IMAGE of the asgard 2 inside...! a proper image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back