Scariest monster from a horror/sci-fi flick?
May 30, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #61 of 71
I have such fond memories of playing the SH and RE games with friends.

As for the OP - Jamie Lee Curtis
frown.gif

m

May 30, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #63 of 71
When I was bout seven years old we were living in the city and it was an easy walk to the theater where my little brother and I and could walk to the show with fifty cents in our pockets and get tickets and snacks and sit there all day watching the main show and a cartoon and coming events and a serial and a news reel and the "B" movie over an over all day if we wanted to. But the movie that scared me the most even to this day was the Halloween showing of "Frankenstein" and of "Dracula." I had never seen either of them at that point, and "Dracula" scarred the living beegeezus outta me!!

May 30, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #65 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For Sci-fi I would say Frank the rabbit from Donnie Darko

For horror I'd say the flesh eating monsters in The Descent had the hair standing up on my neck. Also well not technically a monster per se the main character in High Tension was also pretty scary
evil_smiley.gif

I second this.

Still my fav. movie ever.

May 30, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #68 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Twilight Zone: The Movie was on the other night and I tuned in just in time to catch the last story Nightmare at 20,000 Feet (I think) with John Lithgow and that creepy ass monster on the wing of that plane! It still looks just as scary as I remember it from when that move was new some 20+ years ago!

So what do you think is the scariest monster to hit the big screen? I was going to include a poll but I'm sure I would have left out a number of favorites.

My list for top scariest monsters (that come to mind at present):

#5 - the Thing - from The Thing (1982 version)
#4 - Cathoga - monster from The Relic
#3 - Monster - from plane story of Twilight Zone The Movie
#2 - Wolf - from American Werewolf in London
#1 - Alien - from the Alien series

Jaws.
The Shining.
The Ring.
Amityville horror. Orignal.
The Thing.
The Howling.
Alien.
The Decent.