SB X-Fi XtremeMusic + Vista Rig
Sep 6, 2009 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

San7a

100+ Head-Fier
AM I GOING CRAZY!?

Edit: More to this than that... I can't get the X-Fi XtremeMusic to work for the life of me. I had a breakthrough about 2 hours ago when I got the SPDIF to work... But nothing else. I am going crazy... Why is this so difficult??

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by San7a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry, I have trouble understanding incomplete sentences. Are you suggesting that I upgrade to Windows 7? Don't be angry... Just asking...

Yes. Everything that didn't work for me in Vista actually worked for me in Win 7, surprisingly.

Creative Worldwide Support

The beta driver have been great.

I have yet to download the other software, such as X-Fi's control panel and such, though.

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #9 of 10
I'm running the beta Window 7 drivers right now. No luck. I have the same problem.

The problem is that I can only get the SPIF Out to show up in the sound properties. After clearing out the past Creative drivers and programs, running a fresh install in Safe Mode, this is all I can get... No matter what drivers I try. Here's some pictures:

111-1.jpg

222-1.jpg

333-1.jpg

444-1.jpg

555.jpg

To complicate things, I have swine flu too... ALL I WANT IS MUSICCC!

Does anyone know what the problem is... ? :frowning2:

P.S. @DeusEx: You meant to tell me to run the 7 drivers, not the OS? I don't even know how I'd go about getting W7 OS if that's what you were suggesting... There must be a way this works in Vista?? Why would Creative release a product that wasn't ready for the market yet (software-wise)? Insanity...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back