Say Would Anybody Consider.....
May 22, 2002 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jodokast

500+ Head-Fier
Looking at my schedule now and seeing how I will be unable to attend Headroom's Meet in San Fran on the 14th *sniff*......

I was wondering: Would anyone here at Head-fi like to set up like a trading/demoing program? We all here spend a great deal of $$ on this type of equipment and demoing stuff like the Corda and MG Head before making a purchase would always be nice.

I.e. I would maybe lend somebody my MG Head + now NOS tubes filled along with ART DI/O in exchange for maybe Clou cables? And then cardas? or some power cord?

Exchanges could be done thru a third-party respectively if we don't trust each other and the likes.
wink.gif

I think if this does works it could be a success. Would anybody be interested? Or at least, would anybody be interested in lending me their clous or cardas?
wink.gif

May 22, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 7
Great idea actually. I myself wanted to put up my R10s for audition in place of being able to audition a Stax Omega II system.

May 22, 2002 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 7
Well, I mean before we get this thing started there are some very basic ground rules to set aside.

1. TAKE VERY good care of the equipment - it's not yours!
2. Always insure the shipment, TAKE GOOD packaging......again, treat this thing like YOU were receiving it...

....I personally think the efforts could be worth it......ugh. Anyhow, I know I'd be interested in demoing some stuff.
cool.gif
The fact that I know I can't audition all the equipment Headroom is going to bringing just makes me sad.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

May 22, 2002 at 4:49 PM Post #6 of 7
I will be at the San Francisco HeadRoom gathering. In the meantime, I'm trying to buy a pair of R-10's....even at the retail price. I want to use the Sony's to compare them with various amps.

smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #7 of 7
maybe we should start making a list.....

like wants....what you have for trade....etc
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back