Save Your Wallet- Block Head-Fi
Aug 7, 2004 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

ditto_n

Head-Fier
After spending $125 for MS1's and the Chaintech card, very lightweigh, I'm contomplating using the HOSTS file to ban myself from all but the Music and General Lounge forums. Is this possibly the cure for upgradetitus? Can the "Sorry about your wallet" curse finally be lifted?

Aug 7, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 20
I thought the hosts file can only ban domain names and IP address only. Good luck staying away
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 20
the only thing stopping me from having 15 phones to go with my MS-1s is - oh hold on nm i just got KSC-35s. uh oh slippery slope engaged...i need closed cans...

Aug 7, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
Actually if you do find a way to block this site, let me know. I can use the help as well. :
biggrin.gif

It has been known for members to request temporary bans, when they had courework deadlines etc, and thought that head-fi would be too much of a distraction...

Exception rather than rule though.

Aug 7, 2004 at 9:04 AM Post #6 of 20
I like to tell myself that it is willpower that keeps my set up where it currently is. Of course, when I'm thinking clearly, I realize it is my limited student budget.

Aug 7, 2004 at 9:39 AM Post #7 of 20
I waaaaaaannnnnttttt to buy annnnnnnnnother Grace 901.

I mmmmmmmmmuuusst rrrrrrrrresssssssisssssssssttttttttt.

Takes a quick glance at my last credit card statement, cautiously picks up a pair of heavy duty scissosrs, cuts up the plastic...

Aug 7, 2004 at 1:26 PM Post #8 of 20
I know I don't have a problem; I havn't bought anything in 2 weeks. I can quit buying anytime I want to, this proves it.

Aug 7, 2004 at 3:05 PM Post #9 of 20
Lol a whole two weeks, we are all so proud. </sarcasm>

I tried blocking the headphones forum using HOSTS and it didnt work, Maybe I'll try something within firefox.

Aug 7, 2004 at 3:06 PM Post #10 of 20
lol ditto...

The problem with that, you know the block is your side... and, you know how to remove it.........

You don't get away that easily
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 3:10 PM Post #11 of 20
hehe, shhhhh. I know for a fact that head-fi is gonna absolutly murder my wallet no matter what, I'm just trying to slow the process.

I could block ALL of head-fi with HOSTS but I'd rather not. I think I'm just going to change my bookmark just to the Misc.-Category Fourms and hope I never go look at the others.

Aug 7, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #12 of 20
duncan

maybe i'll request a ban soon then. I'm such a lazy bum i got so much damn work to do! I am an evil consumer whore! I cannot resist to spend, buy, sell! I cannot be satisfied (beats head into desk) HAH!

Aug 7, 2004 at 4:27 PM Post #13 of 20
maybe contributors should have the ability to display which forums show up on their page, I'm sure its possible somehow.

Aug 7, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #14 of 20
The only cure of upgraditis is to buy the best there is
biggrin.gif
Stax, anyone?
However, this will onyl put you in remission for around 2 years, because thats when new models come out.
Surgeon general's warning: head-fi has been proven to cause serious and permanent damage to your wallet. You should not visit head-fi if you are worried about selling your house to finance your rig. Just say no to head-fi!
600smile.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #15 of 20
I decided to upgrade my portable rig recently, so this past week...against my better judgment, I purchased the Senn HD-25s and a SR-71 amp. The phones arrived on Thursday and the amp came earlier today.

Needless to say, I've been in jaw drop mode for the last few hours. I promised myself sometime ago (after all the Stax stuff) that I would use my secret decoder ring to fight off all the Head-Fi temptations.

Well, I'm a doomed SOB...

I'm really beyond help.

mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back