Save BIG on our retuned AEON Flow Headphones; Only $499
Jun 5, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #106 of 260
I'm curious to know if the RT models ship with any of the extra tuning filters preinstalled.
What do you mean? I got standard tuning filter installed

Jun 5, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #112 of 260
I find the black felt on the closed to be a good compromise between "My ears are bleeding from the highs" to "The highs are too muffled". I find the single notch kills more of the sparkle of the top end than I'd personally like. With no filter you get a nice echo and more intense sound. Black felt seems to keep most of the sparkle and echo/wide sound with a little more thump from the low end. I really like the tuning kit! It's essentially a semi permanent EQ that works with all my sources.

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #114 of 260
I made a cable for the aeons. Well... converted an old null audio lune cable to the hirose connectors. Much easier than I thought it would be working with the hirose connector.
77B8B9D7-2E64-4A52-BE4D-EA539F1C19B2.jpeg

Jun 13, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #115 of 260
If we want to use this headphone with both balanced and SE amps, which cable do you recommend? XLR with a separate single ended adapter? I have a Jotunheim and a Lyr 3.

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #116 of 260
If we want to use this headphone with both balanced and SE amps, which cable do you recommend? XLR with a separate single ended adapter? I have a Jotunheim and a Lyr 3.
You have to go balanced to single-ended; can't go the other direction. So yes, if you don't want to swap cables you need one cable that ends in 4pin XLR male and then a 4pin XLR female to SE termination of your choice. Probably best to have 3.5mm that has a threaded 6.3mm adapter for the greatest compatibility. Something like this:
815iipKkc3L._SL1500_.jpg

Jun 14, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #117 of 260
Can anyone speak to aftermarket cables and if they have any value as to improving the sound. Browsing the sale forums, someone had a cable that they stated was a night and day difference relative to improved sound, particularly soundstage, but when attempting to sell an item there is always the possibility of exaggeration to some extent.

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #120 of 260
Lol. I was trying to be diplomatic about it. Especially when the cable that I went back after and priced would cost me more than the Aeons did.
Cables to me are bling with maybe a little sound quality increase, buy them for how they look (make sure they at least are decent internally) and not for how they sound, especially for a hp like the aeons which are meant to be very good value. Others may use cables as their last little tweak on their totl hps and to complete the look of their endgame system. To sum it up, aeon stock cable is nice, unless you want a different colour cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back