Saturday's SNL - Harry Potter Sketch w/ Lohan
May 6, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #16 of 30
Yeha, you could prolly be yelled at for it. Although my dad was 25 when he married my mom, at 18. Of course, it's a rather different situation... dating someone, getting to know them, as opposed to drooling at pictures
biggrin.gif

And yes, I agree, Hollywood is playing up the hotness. On older teenagers (maybe 16+?) I don't really have a problem with it, as they'd prolly be into makeup and tight clothes by then anyway. But then, as you said, perhaps this is the reason why... But I digress. I DO have a problem when I see 10 and 12 year olds with makeup slathered on and talking about their 'boyfriends'. IMO, you shouldn't even consider dating until you can at least drive your date to wherever you're going. I never saw the point of dating if you have to have a parent along. Then, I don't see much point in dating during highschool, with a few exceptions. But that's strictly IMO, and I'm not forcing it on anyone.

But on the main topic... HOT
tongue.gif
redface.gif

EDIT: Forgot Tubey's comments on emoticons...
very_evil_smiley.gif

(-:Stephonovich:)

May 6, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #17 of 30
Don't know how many of you have seen this pic. THere is a rather large thread that was started on the anandtech forums about this subject.

May 6, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #18 of 30
The link is dead now, but yes, I know the one you're referring to. Infamous 'nip slip', no? Most people claim it's a shadow, or part of fabric. I dunno; someone posted a huge one once (probably 2000xsomething) and it sure looked it to me...

May 6, 2004 at 5:48 AM Post #19 of 30
doh, it was reading my cache i guess, i didn't refresh it, but yes that was the pic i was referring to
smily_headphones1.gif
ah ha.. found another link to it. Pic

May 6, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #20 of 30
Now I'm gonna have to d\l her on Leno, and Kimmel... what a lovely coincidence that all this is happening so near to my UNL trip...

I'm just happy we're moving soon. Broadband will be so nice. Dial-up really sucks, people. Take pity on us.

May 6, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
..... The thing is though, Hollywood markets the hell out of these underage girls making them look as sexy as possible... Other teenage girls follow suit and we wonder why teachers are always getting busted for statutory rape...

We wonder because teachers are adults and teenage girls are teenage girls. I'm sorry but I don't beleive there is any such thing as lust so blind it causes you to completely disregard all common sense and the law, not to mention society's standards of living. What are these teachers 40 year old f'n virgins that they cream their pants and hop on any 16 year old with a wonderbra and short shorts? Am I the only one who cannot even comprehend the "she seduced me" defense? I'm 19 years old and I would never TOUCH anyone under 18, even though the difference would be only a few months. I refuse to beleive these guys can't control their actions. They just don't want to.

Edited by mod. Please keep your language clean

May 6, 2004 at 6:55 AM Post #22 of 30
You're forgetting one thing here, though... statutory rape. The girls are letting them do this. For grades, perhaps, or just out and out sluts, but nevertheless, it is consenting. Illegal, but consenting. So they get some of the blame as well.

May 6, 2004 at 8:32 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II
We wonder because teachers are adults and teenage girls are teenage girls. I'm sorry but I don't beleive there is any such thing as lust so blind it causes you to completely disregard all common sense and the law, not to mention society's standards of living. What are these teachers 40 year old f'n virgins that they cream their pants and hop on any 16 year old with a wonderbra and short shorts? Am I the only one who cannot even comprehend the "she seduced me" defense? I'm 19 years old and I would never TOUCH anyone under 18, even though the difference would be only a few months. I refuse to beleive these guys can't control their actions. They just don't want to.

I agree, people should be able to control themselves, but really, is it wise to glamorize underage girls so much? The thing is, until the latter part of the last century, it was common and acceptable for a man to be with a girl/woman significantly younger than he. It is still considered acceptable for a 50 year old man to be with a 30 year old woman (that's 20 years!!!). It wasn't THAT long ago when girls would get married at 12-15 years old. Heck my ex-girlfriend got married at 17 to a guy that was 26-27, and her family was perfectly okay with it. In fact they pushed her to it. And no, she was not pregnant. If you look carefully, only a few decades ago it was common for people to get married quite young. Because of technological and economic changes, it became more important to spend a longer amount of time learning/developing. Society has therefore changed to say that this sort of thing isn't okay. On the other hand you have Hollywood and the music industry marketing the hell out of these young girls saying "this is what sexy is!"

Like I said though, I agree with our current standards of what is appropriate and what is not. I just think there is another side to the story that shouldn't be ignored and that creating "kid in a candy store" situations is unwise.

I'm a little confused by your deal though... At 19 you are swearing off the possibility of dating a girl only 2 years younger than you saying you'd never consider it... I find that a little hard to believe. The differences in maturity between you and a 17 year old girl are non-existant. I'm not saying you are immature or anything like that but I remember 19, it wasn't that long ago. As a general rule, 17 year old girls aren't any different maturity wise from an 18 year old girl. What's the big diff? The other question I have is: Have you ever had a very attractive (by your standards of attractive, including maturity level) 17 year old girl come on to you? I've had it happen a little over a year ago... while I never touched the girl, it was difficult to ignore her. BTW some (if not all) states consider a girl at age 16 to be at the legal age of consent assuming the guy isn't beyond 4 years her senior.

May 6, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

I am not going to commit a felony.

Where the hell do you live where it's a felony for you, at age 19, to date a girl only 2 years younger than you?

May 6, 2004 at 9:00 AM Post #26 of 30
It's a felony to have sex with one. I don't waste time with girls if I don't see them putting out in the very near future.

All that would need to happen would be for her father to find out that his precious little girl was getting ravaged by a huge college football player and he'd call the police. Farfetched and stupid? Perhaps, but I've got too much too lose and not a whole lot to gain. There's nothing wrong with college chicks. Why do guys have to make it so hard on themselves?

May 6, 2004 at 9:04 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

It's a felony to have sex with one.

Dude, where the hell do you live?!? I've never heard of such a thing... Think about it like this, If you were 17 and started dating/sleeping with a 16 year old (fairly common) would you suddenly need to break up with her the day you turned 18?

May 6, 2004 at 9:07 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

It's a felony to have sex with one. I don't waste time with girls if I don't see them putting out in the very near future.

All that would need to happen would be for her father to find out that his precious little girl was getting ravaged by a huge college football player and he'd call the police. Farfetched and stupid? Perhaps, but I've got too much too lose and not a whole lot to gain. There's nothing wrong with college chicks. Why do guys have to make it so hard on themselves?

Where I'm from he could whine and complain all he wanted but if she was over 16 and the guy was within 4 years of her age there's not a damn thing he could do. I'm not saying you should target young girls... Once you're in college it's highly impracticle to date a girl still in high school but I think you've got your facts a little screwed up...

May 6, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #29 of 30
You're probably right. I'm still not going to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back