SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Sep 27, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #632 of 1,211
Looks like I have an update on my pair too.

3E5D0078-1806-4168-9512-34DF9B4B2184.jpeg

912BE5C7-BC5F-4D14-88F2-0698A154AA33.jpeg
54946AD7-9081-4EE6-80B1-615F17490458.jpeg
A189E941-438C-4D6D-804A-3BEEA4C8D1A1.jpeg

Sep 27, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #635 of 1,211
Ok so the Tres 45's with some EQ have more sub bass than any other headphone i have including a closed back set that are supposed to excel at bass. if any of you like bass heavy music feel free to give these settings a try. if the 16 ohms supposedly do more bass than these then i can honestly say itll be too much bass (EQed) lol.

SashTres.png

Sep 28, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #638 of 1,211
Sep 30, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #639 of 1,211
Ok so the Tres 45's with some EQ have more sub bass than any other headphone i have including a closed back set that are supposed to excel at bass. if any of you like bass heavy music feel free to give these settings a try. if the 16 ohms supposedly do more bass than these then i can honestly say itll be too much bass (EQed) lol.

SashTres.png
Absolutely agree. The 45 ohm Tres has amazing extension and a very enveloping low end without being boomy, muddy or slow. It's fast, extremely clean, amazingly separated between sub and mid bass and amazing amount of texture and detail

Oct 13, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #640 of 1,211
I've been too busy to properly compare them. I'm quite sure that 45ohm version is more balanced (less forward 1khz and/or more upper midrange). So it's a bit of a departure from that audeze style midrange. 45ohm also has less peaky highs. 45ohm propably has less bass than 16ohm. Not a big deal because bass still has plenty of slam so it does not sound too thin. No limp Ananda type of bass here. I will confirm all that with measurements later. I also plan on writing a full lenght review for a Finnish headphone site ( https://kuulokenurkka.com/ ) and compare 45ohm Tres to 16ohm, sundara and edition XS.
It's been some time and was wondering if you were able to come up with measurements? 😊

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #642 of 1,211
It's been some time and was wondering if you were able to come up with measurements? 😊

I have not done a thorough testing yet but this is a quick measurement with stock pads in open configuration. It is HEQ compensated so flat line would be quite close to harman target. It's quite perfect except for that 8khz peak which is likely a measurement glitch as I don't find it problematic at all.
Sash Tres 45ohm.jpg

Hifiman Edition XS vs. Tres

8khz peak is also there with Edition XS so I would not worry about that with either of the headphones. MiniDSP EARS tends to do wonky things around those frequencies.
Edition XS vs Tres.jpg

Oct 15, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #643 of 1,211
I have not done a thorough testing yet but this is a quick measurement with stock pads in open configuration. It is HEQ compensated so flat line would be quite close to harman target. It's quite perfect except for that 8khz peak which is likely a measurement glitch as I don't find it problematic at all.

Hifiman Edition XS vs. Tres

8khz peak is also there with Edition XS so I would not worry about that with either of the headphones. MiniDSP EARS tends to do wonky things around those frequencies.
Well damn. It measures very very nicely 😲🤯. Makes me curious how velour and all other pads measure. For sure velour mids will be more forward and the perforated will be the brightest with a roll off in the low end....

Thank you heaps for the measurement 😊

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #645 of 1,211
Well damn. It measures very very nicely 😲🤯
Indeed. It kind of combines Edition XS bass to Sundara midrange. Going purely by graphs Sundara, early he6's and some Susvaras have best midrange tonality of Hifimans lineup. Tres tuning is very nice..not bright or dark but kind of referencish with a tad of extra body in the mids. Edition XS has slighly more treble but still Tres runs circles around it when it comes to resolution. It's only logical that Edition XS kind of sounds like intentionally gimped Ananda and I do think that on technicalities Tres is closer to Ananda than XS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back