SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Mar 19, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #61 of 1,214
I ordered these today, wait time should be around 6 weeks. 4 weeks to build and 2 for transport from Ukraine to the Netherlands.
Really looking forward to these!
6 weeks later ...
IMG_20200319_172001.jpg
They arrived today. What a beauty it is!

Right now it's way to early to tell what they will become but first impressions are OK. Sub-bass is not it's strong point and the over resolution feels low, but they are holding up quite nice nice so far.
Needs more burn-in, that's for sure!
IMG_20200319_172024.jpg

Mar 19, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #62 of 1,214
if there are more layers of this cloth on the driver try to remove them.. one was stick to it and after i removed the second one they suddenly sounded much better for me.

The wood looks very nice on your pair! great color too.

Mar 19, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #63 of 1,214
6 weeks later ...

They arrived today. What a beauty it is!

Right now it's way to early to tell what they will become but first impressions are OK. Sub-bass is not it's strong point and the over resolution feels low, but they are holding up quite nice nice so far.
Needs more burn-in, that's for sure!
Best sound of tres will be open follow by close.

Mar 20, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #65 of 1,214
According to their website the LCD2-cb is 635g so it's quite a bit less. Keeping my fingers crossed!
The weight distribution is good. No sores anywhere and used them close to 10 hours today. The closed back cups are a nice gimmick so far if compared to open. LCD pads will fit but the stock pads are quite nice. No memory foam but sturdy and of quality. Stock pads use screws and a plastic ring in order to easily swap them, Audeze could learn a thing or two here. The cable is crap though. Very stiff and microphonic. I'll use the connectors to make my own up-occ cable for it.

Mar 21, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #66 of 1,214
Glad you like them so far, arielext! No surprise that you like the open-back config.

I haven't listened to much music lately, but the last few times I did, I came to the conclusion that genre-wise, the Tres is my most versatile open-back. They have an extra knack for Rock, but are also good at everything I've thrown at it, which I would no longer say about my SR1 or a800. But those latter two have their strengths, so right now I'm happily in the different-pairs-for-different-genres camp.

Apr 1, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #67 of 1,214
How do these sound in comparison to an HD650?

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #68 of 1,214
It's been ages that I've heard a HD650 so I can't really compare them.
I know I always liked how the HD600 made me feel, they gave me the 'this just sounds correct' feel, which these give me as well.
I have seen a lot of other headphones in the meantime, ranging from beyerdynamic MMX-300mk2 to Focal Stellia and Stax SR-007mk2
Out of all those headpones ... I strongly believe that these Sash headphones give you a terrific price/performance ratio. I actually rate them top tier from what I have ever heard (HD800s, sr007, stellia).

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #69 of 1,214
It's been ages that I've heard a HD650 so I can't really compare them.
I know I always liked how the HD600 made me feel, they gave me the 'this just sounds correct' feel, which these give me as well.
I have seen a lot of other headphones in the meantime, ranging from beyerdynamic MMX-300mk2 to Focal Stellia and Stax SR-007mk2
Out of all those headpones ... I strongly believe that these Sash headphones give you a terrific price/performance ratio. I actually rate them top tier from what I have ever heard (HD800s, sr007, stellia).

Now you're making me curious.

Apr 18, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #70 of 1,214
Compare these to audeze's, they need a seal to perform.
I switched stock to dekoni to audeze old brown stock: dekoni wins. With dekoni pads these have magic, without they sound dull ...
I will test hybrid dekoni pads next week on these, have high hopes to make them even better.

May 5, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #71 of 1,214
2 weeks in with the hybrid pads ... The hybrids adds some upper mid power at the cost of pure bass power. Luckily I have a RME ADI-2 dac (but any pEQ will work) so dialed in 4.5db at 70hz with a q of 1 (making it add ~ +4.5db on everything below 70hz and sloping down to +0db at 100hz) and tamed a peak at 6.5khz with -3db / q3. For giggles I tried on a ZMF pilot pad I still had laying around ... headphone bliss! While the stock headband is OK the extra large pillow just fixes any comfort issues I had.
Roughly 6 weeks in and I'm still very much in favour of this headphone. It's soo worth it's money, it might even be a steal for what you pay.

May 6, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #72 of 1,214
Oh thats interesting.. you switched pads?

I have dekoni hybrids on my sundaras.. maybe i should try to put them on my tres..
I also got tons of chinese lambskin pads (wich are pretty much for sure the same pads that ZMF sells)

For me i prefer the Sash tres over my sundaras.. better comfort and i like the sound more of them..
Its really a pretty great LCD+ for a fraction of the price..

Its super worth the money.. ill also try the closed stuff sometimes again..
Cool thanks for the EQ infos.. i will make a E1DA pdv2 preset with it..

May 9, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #74 of 1,214
Cool!

I also have to make some review.. simply because those sash tres are really awesome

May 21, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #75 of 1,214
I'm thinking of trying out this headphone see if the owner messages me back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back