Sansa Fuze Vs. Cowon i7 Vs. Sony Walkman
Nov 8, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #16 of 29
i'd bet you that the sound quality is the same. The chips are cheap to begin with, and having two sets of chips and many different internal designs is going to cost them more money than just putting the same chip in each one.

Nov 9, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #18 of 29
I would go for the Fuze. It is really nice and handy. And with the SD expansion you can easily get more gbs to play with.
Also, it is really cheap, so if you don't like it, the loss is not big.

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #19 of 29
Thanks nywytboy68 that was very helpful, I think i can choose more wisely now with the information given.

ps I don't place the Sony players as one of my options because Flac playback is a must for me.

Nov 10, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #21 of 29
I adored my iaudio... 60hrs batt life, flac, drag n' drop, tiny, solid, and easy to control the volume and pause/play from within your pants. It's really not that thick at all... it's about the size of a big pack of gum tbh. I don't know about the others- I quit using sony products after they added over 9000 levels of bass boost. But yeah, the iaudio..... I'm not going to say what I voted for though.

Nov 10, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks nywytboy68 that was very helpful, I think i can choose more wisely now with the information given.

ps I don't place the Sony players as one of my options because Flac playback is a must for me.

Hmm, FALC will be an i7, or Fuze then. Both are great, but the Fuze is a bit cheaper, and you can always expand your capacity later on. The Fuze is going for $87.03 on Amazon ATM, not too shabby IMO: Amazon.com: SanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB MP3 Player (Silver): Electronics

beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #23 of 29
just got the new S63x series...it blows away my Sony A816...no comparision!

Here is of the order of sound quality of the players I have owned or listened to.

Sony S63X
Sansa Fuze
Cowon X5
Samsung Q1
Samsung S3, yes...it will shock you, but a bit overprocessed.
Samsung P2
Zen Xfi
Sony A816
Zen
Zen Vision M

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by bestnaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only tried DNSe on Samsung U2 and it was anything but good....

The P2 in the Samsung range is like the Fuze and Clip in the Sansa range
- both standouts in a rather crap range of products.

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #26 of 29
In terms of sound quality - the Cowon is really great. Buttons and interface work well once you get the hang of it. But, and I don't know if this is a Vista problem, it's got a mind of its own when it comes to downloading from Windows media player, deciding what it wants to transfer and also deleting your playlists after a while. Also it puts some songs in folders and others in with the main music menu. It's one of the very few players with OGG support though.

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #27 of 29
Sansa has really good sound quality no dealt~

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #28 of 29
my vote goes for the Fuze because it is the one with the best sound quality. There is no need to use the EQ. It sounds good with any kind of music. Cowon and Sony are overrated IMHO.

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #29 of 29
If Cowon do a decent firmware upgrade for the iAudio 7 and make it easier to import playlists I'd really rate it. I'm listening to it through Sony EX500s on a flat EQ and no bass boost and it's gorgeous. Battery life is outstanding. Ipod Touch 2G is fun, but the sound, in the words of Jon Stewart - hmmm I don't care for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back