Sansa clip vs. Fuze SQ?
Jan 17, 2009 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

fnb1

Head-Fier
Hello Headfiers
I have got a clip, but im considering a fuze because I like display better and expandable... But which one has got the best SQ overall?

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 12
Yep, although if I were you and had the extra cash laying around, I would consider picking upu the Fuze also.

That way you can have a dap for certain types of music (if you have too much music to fit on 1 device)

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by patwrik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does the sansa line have a LOD like ipods? or do you just run an IC via HP?

no, the sansa is a mini-connection.

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, although if I were you and had the extra cash laying around, I would consider picking upu the Fuze also.

That way you can have a dap for certain types of music (if you have too much music to fit on 1 device)

The Fuze also has a Micro SD memory slot for expansion. I finally decided on the Fuze over Sony because of that. Bought a 4gb for $48.00 on "Black Friday"
atsmile.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #9 of 12
Fuze does have a line-out signal in the dock connection, but activate it requires a small voltage (about 1V) to pin7 (IIRC). That is how Griffin dock for Sansa activates the line-out signal from Fuze (by drawing 1V from USB power to that pin). Someone already DIY'ed a working LOD for the Fuze by reverse engineering the Griffin dock. I am planning of making one myself within next few weeks.

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fuze does have a line-out signal in the dock connection, but activate it requires a small voltage (about 1V) to pin7 (IIRC). That is how Griffin dock for Sansa activates the line-out signal from Fuze (by drawing 1V from USB power to that pin). Someone already DIY'ed a working LOD for the Fuze by reverse engineering the Griffin dock. I am planning of making one myself within next few weeks.

Could you please start a thread or PM me letting us know how this project goes(?)! As a brand new owner of a Fuze, I have been very curious & looking for info on the potential of the dock port as a possible line-out. Thanks in advance!

Jan 26, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #11 of 12
Jan 26, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #12 of 12
Yeah, that's the thread to read if you are looking for DIY'ing a LOD for Fuze. I already have all the parts I need to make the LOD except the extra sync cable I ordered. My version will be closer resemble the Griffin dock as I do plan to put in a pair of decoupling caps and may be some step down resistor to limit the voltage coming from pin 22 to pin7. I'll make a guide if everything goes well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back