Sansa Clip + to car stereo I need more DBs. Will my E5 work or will the hiss transfer?
Jun 6, 2011 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

qualm

New Head-Fier
So I have a Clip + and just got a stereo with a line in for it.  I want more volume from the Clip + and the stereo.  Will any amp work for this?  I have an E5, but I hate the hiss that comes out of in during moments of no music.  I am sure that it is still there during when the music plays, but it is really noticeable during slow silent parts.  It bugs me to the point that I will not listen through it any more.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jun 6, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 5
First reply :)

Im not expert but i have also tried the E5 and E3 on car stereo both times i get hiss even when music is playing, small headphone amps like that are only designed to amplify small speakers like headphones i guess and just does'nt work in the same way

I have read of people being able to get past the volume limit on some mp3 players not sure on sansa, However not recommended for headphone use it might be alright for boosting volume in your car

Jun 8, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #5 of 5
I actually use a Clip+ and a E5 in my car, and yes, I have quiet a lot of hiss. Anyway my stereo is a very very cheap Kenwood model, a real Low-Fi item, and the line in needs a very powerful signal to sound loud enogh. This is what is causing most of the hiss (I mean: E5 hiss is not that bad with my headphones, but in the car I need to turn the E5's volume up nearly to 100% so the hissing also gets amplified). A poor chain, no doubt, but for me the solution is good enough to listen to some podcasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back