Sandisk Sansa $159 bucks 4b FLASH
Dec 22, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 13
Great find.

I see in the specs it supports AAC now.
blink.gif
Typo alert.

EDIT: Ran out to a CC, but didn't buy. Be aware it must be bought online and picked up in store (if you want it there) and if you have any concerns about player (I did with possible Windows dependancy and no rechargeable battery), CC now charges a 15% restocking fee if opened on all MP3 players.

Feb 12, 2006 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 13
So what is the word about the SQ on these? I'm looking for something with a bit more storage (and an actual display) than my Shuffle. I've not heard the best things, but I'd be pleased to be corrected at this price.

Feb 12, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #5 of 13
Yea, I was thinking of getting one too.. however, I think I'm just going to either go for the top (X5L) or hold off and keep my zen nano a bit longer and then get the X5L when the price drops a bit, I'm really not sure yet!
580smile.gif

Feb 13, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #6 of 13
There's a 6-GB version of this out too. Probably three 2-GB chips or one 4-GB & one 2-GB chip. Perhaps they're coming out in March? I didn't think this was out already...

Feb 14, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #7 of 13
Well after much deliberating, i convinced my brother to buy the 4gb sansa.. and its been more than a month since he bought it, and i had some time to play with it.

For $159, i think its a great deal. For one, its a UMS-compatible device, which means drag-n-drop, no software required. It comes with FM radio (handy in the gym), 5 band eq, OTG playlisting, and a removable AAA battery, all huge +s in my eyes. Having never heard the shuffle, i cant comment on the SQ difference, but these sound all right to my non-audiophile ears... and neither will u when ur sweating away @ the gym.

as for the bad, the screen is small, but what do u expect out of a flash player so small?

i think we forget that this is a CHEAP flash player, that happens to come with 4 gigs of storage, pushing it right up with the microdrive devices as far as storage is concerned. its a small player that does many things well, and as long as you;re aware of the limitations (hard to navigate thru a hugh libraryu on such a small screen.. hope all ur mp3s are tagged), you wont be disappointed... as a matter of fact, im quite surprised at how many things they got right.

in my eyes, the sandisk is reminiscent of the rio carbon in terms of functionality (which i also happen to have), in a smaller package thats a)flash based b)removable battery

Feb 14, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam917
There's a 6-GB version of this out too. Probably three 2-GB chips or one 4-GB & one 2-GB chip. Perhaps they're coming out in March? I didn't think this was out already...

no, theres not a 6GB version of this.

you're thinking of the upcoming e200 series from sandisk. the msrps are reported to be in line with the nano
http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Cata...3_Players.aspx

Feb 14, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 13
How does the 4GB model compare in terms of physical dimensions to the Zen nano 512M? More specifically, will the 4GB SanDisk player fit in the case that is shipped with the Westone UM2s like the Creative Zen Nano does?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back